The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Hello Out There

It really is quiet here...I'm surprised, given that in 8 years this is probably the best time to be doing lease options. I am pretty slammed with leads, and with the buyers, so it's a great time for lease options. Sellers seem far more receptive to it now, and there are really good buyers out that that just need some time.

MC, I'm hoping for the former, but the latter is probably the reality. :glare:

Going into spring I am typically slammed. There are plenty of tenant/buyers out there but overall FSBO listings are minimal as what is typical for this time of year. Last spring was really tough, this spring is only a tad bit better. Some housing types (town houses, condos) and some areas of town are almost impossible to move anything.

Still getting deals at a smaller volume and have to turn over every rock to find them. Seller referrals and repeats have been what's keeping things rolling for me.

Where are you Steve? NC..right?

Man, I will admit my biggest fault...outside of my smart a$$ mouth....and poor sense of humor....and...well...my biggest LO fault, is trying to keep up with the sellers!!

I get busy, and I get slammed, and I let them fall thru the cracks.

They get to the point of.."Hello....we want to use your service!!..are you there?!"...Yeah yeah yeah...get in line Mr. Seller...I'll get to you at some point...

I don't know if you saw the video about JAmey that attended in Nov, but he's just doing cold calls and he's kickin a$$.

You're an agent right? So you can't market the way I do...but...do you have a spouse or someone that does biz with you?

I say bring them on and use them as the go to person for the first point of contact for sellers.

New investors have a tendency to read the headlines and react. These days, that means running away from real estate. The irony is that when the market is hot and sellers are in control, they don't need or want us. They can quickly sell to the retail buyer. These past few years have been the best time to break into real estate investing, but the n00b is told otherwise and so they wait it out until the market turns and the sellers are once again in control. Ass backwards approach.

Thanks Pilot-

I don't think it is a lack of marketing on my part and I hate cold calls. It is the reality of economic condtions here. My market is about 1 million in population. I know my market and can read it well and it is the economic conditions and a flat real estate market here. One opportunity I see is expanding my market as you teach. I can get into other markets in my state; however I need to pick up one or two assitance in those areas.

Nope not an agent. Just your average Joe kicking it around with lease options and loving it!

Where do you find these people that are receptive to doing lease options??

I tried for quite some time now to use the information that Pilot provided us to use

on Craigslist if we are on a low budget. Hey, thanks for sharing the information Pilot!

Anyway, contacted a multitude of people on-line (Craigslist, Backpage, Kijiji, Forsalebyowner)

in the Washington DC area and unfortunately, the landlords tell me they just want to

rent only. The sellers say they have no trouble in selling their properties outright.

a. Is it best to just get some money and do direct mail marketing??

b. Should we get a real estate to call people for us??

c. Should we go after desperate people that are facing foreclosure and losing their home??

d. Should we market to depressed areas of the country where people can't sell their homes

and may be more receptive to L/O??

If so, and we do this virtually, long distance, do we need a real estate agent in that location to

assist with the deal?

Thanks!

baron

Mine come rom direct mailing.

JAmey does cold calling to Clist people.

I prefer the direct mail, that way they are contacting me, so it makes the approach much easier.

But, I find you have to do a few mailouts to prime the pump.

OK here goes...

Being a student of the Naked Investor and MC several years back, I wanted my L/O business to be heavily internet based and this was back when newspaper ads and cold calls were the best way to find deals. Email marketing was in its start and Craigslist did not even exist in my area. When I started, my primary focus was doing Sandwich Lease Options and included Cooperative Assignments if SLOs would not fit the solution. Today I hold a couple million dollars in residential real estate using the Sandwich L/O technique. That is true no down payment deals! I have possession and control the properties and many I have had for years. These SLOs generate a nice passive monthly income; combine that with CAs and it put me in a six figure income.

I too had that Corporate dead-end J.O.B. and started my L/O business part-time and slowly but surely grew the business with the help of the Naked Investor and it out performed the J.O.B. With the down turn of the economy in 2007/2008 my corporate profession disappeared and I was tossed out a week before Thanksgiving in 2008. Happy Holidays! So, as MC said, when one door closes another one opens. So it was official that my L/O business is how I am supporting the wife and kids. Just the freedom alone is indescribable.

In my market I have the best L/O company compared to any others in the area. No other investors or real estate agents do the volume and offer the Advantages and value that I can with the Lease Purchase programs I offer. The properties I have available are the nicest houses in the best areas. And although many have tried, no one is better at what I do. It is a passion and love for what I do. I know I have helped hundred of sellers from going off the deep end, allowing them to move forward with their lives. The Advantages to tenant/buyers to become home owners for the first time, or get re-established to be able to buy a home has been successful.

Don't PM me it's not a Secret!

Don't reinvent the wheel for crying out loud. MC pulled me over to the Naked Investor in 2003 from CREonline when I was posting questions and not getting clear answers. I hid in the back ground on this forum at first, then ordered the Naked Investor course, listened in to the group calls and started to ask questions on the forum. I worked the J.O.B. and then after, went home, turned off the TV and hit the computer and participated in the forum asking the dumbest questions and would share successes. What is most unique about the Naked Investor is the "Street Smarts" It's not theory, it's the real deal. And now with the Lease Option Classes with John Jackson this is truly an awesome one-two punch, as they say, in getting started. Many respected gurus are still touting the same song that worked 10 years ago, but the reality of today's market just doesn't quite fit. The key is to not reinvent the wheel, but follow closely to those who are doing what they say in today's market.

I don't know what is going to happen in the future or next month for that matter, I just thank God that I got into Lease Purchasing years ago, as it has saved my butt today.

Cheers!

Steve, a big thank you! Your post was from the heart, and it is very gratifying to read how someone has been impacted so positively by what we do here.

Always appreciate the kind words and you taking the time to share your thoughts here. :glare:

Hey guys. Well I've been 'quietly' growing my business across North America. Currently doing business in 3 provinces and 5 states. 100% of my leads come from my website, I'm not doing any emailing, or cold calling, or direct mailing or anything anymore. Something I've found that's pretty interesting about this particular model is that I get to see which markets are the best performers and focus my attention there.

Instead of trying to make something happen in say...Atlanta (where I'm currently getting zero leads), I just switch to Vancouver where I'm getting lots of leads. I'm also finding that there is a lot of opportunity in smaller towns, as well as areas where you have several small to medium sized cities close together (within commuter distance).

So what I'm doing right now is working up a proper database for the incoming leads on both sides (tenants and landlords) so I can just run a search and do a little matchmaking magic without the need for any additional marketing.

I'm also not limiting myself to rent to own even though that is the main thrust of my site. I'm offering rent, rent to own and sales. Anyway, it seems to be working. I'm making more money more consistently than ever before.

That is phenomenal Steve!!! That is so great to hear! I love the mindset of the entrepreneur and what a great story (and compliment) about you making it happen!

I love hearing stories about people putting forth the effort to make things happen!

Glad to hear Doug is alive!!

I think the next "group call" MC puts together should be specifically about success stories that the people here have to share.

I think the next "group call" MC puts together should be specifically about success stories that the people here have to share.

Success stories are very motivating. MC, any chance of getting a posting forum where we can share success stories?