The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
efete1

Land Contract template anyone?

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Just a quick favor to ask: does anyone have a word doc of a land contract template that I can use? I have a property and the owner is selling on LC. We offered LO or LC. Just found a buyer and need to meet her tomorrow or Tuesday (this happened quick and the owner needs someone in there now otherwise will rent it out this week). I thought I had one but do not. If anyone has a version (I am in OH) that I can modify and tweak that would be great!

Thank you!

Eric

Eric, I don't have one I can give you, but I think it is imperative you use one that is specific to Ohio. A good overview of what a Ohio land contract needs to contain can be found here. Also, you can download one here for $13 if you so choose.

Get it done, Eric! :)

Generic land contracts like those that you might get from someone in Colorado that also specializes in how to get rich with public storage buildings are not advised, since land contracts are state specific, as most states address them under conveyances.

Eric,

If public records are available online in your state, find one someone else has used, and "copy" it. If push comes to shove, you may have to retype it.

Lynn (FL)

USLegalForms.com is another source for state specific.

hmmm John has a beef with the Colorado gent.

USLegalForms.com is another source for state specific.

hmmm John has a beef with the Colorado gent.

Don't be silly, I've bought all 135 of his courses....ha!

. . .hmmm John has a beef with the Colorado gent.

. . .Don't be silly, I've bought all 135 of his courses....ha!

Business must be bad in the legal wiz field. I'm being hit up with three or more emails weekly from "the Colorado gent", with all sorts of generous offers to buy some stuff. On a related matter, I met an unemployed attorney today. :)