The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
skrealestate8

Uncle Sam wants to get into the rent-to-own business

That's all we need is another nObama / Geithner housing program with all the strings attached. I can already hear rent control and other regulations......... If they want to help they can repeal the Dodd / Frank Act and stay the hell out of the private sector.

Could you imagine the the Federal Guidelines/RULES to do a Lease Purchase and then how the states would follow? They are already stating how difficult (unfair B) ) it is that someone has to pay 25% to 1/3 of their income for housing.

Reject - Repeal - Vote'em out

Let's hope this "brainstorm" never gets off the blackboard. Based on every other foray into the housing market this administration has forged ahead with, I see another boondoggle and tax payer bailout on the horizon. B)

That's all we need is another nObama / Geithner housing program with all the strings attached. I can already hear rent control and other regulations......... If they want to help they can repeal the Dodd / Frank Act and stay the hell out of the private sector.

Here is the problem, they DON'T want to help.

True, they don't want to help the private sector. Howver, they need to realize they are killing the goose who lays the golden eggs.