The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Shar NJ

Some Questions and FIRST DEAL!

Hello All,

I signed up my first seller today for a C/A. Yipppeeee!

While I was talking with him I mentioned something in regards today about FHA and he said "FHA may not even be around this time next year". I said "Well, we'll see what happens" and continued on to another topic. Does anyone have any info in what he was referring to?

Additionally, I am about to do a mailout to expired listings. I have all the address in the MLS but our MLS database in this area does not have an option to print address lablels. What is the best system for me to utilize for periodic mailouts?

Lastly, does anyone know of a database to find renters so I can mail them a flyer highlighting my properties and Rent To Buy?

Thanks!

Sharyn

Sharyn,

I get a list of MLS expireds each week from a Realtor friend. I have to manually type the owner's information into a spread sheet, so I can then mail merge either into letters, postcards, or labels.

It is time consuming, but looks nice when it's done.

Lynn (FL)

Congratulations, Sharyn! Nothing like that first one. :) Keep the momentum going!

As for the FHA disappearing, there was talk that if the debt ceiling wasn't raised the White House would deem the FHA as "non-essential" and no longer fund it. So for now it appears it is safe. Next year? Your guess is as good as mine. :rolleyes:

Way to go!!!!

As far as the labels, but admin lady sends me the list on a template so I just print them.

I would think though that there would be a .csv option which is comma delineate to put in a spreadsheet...can't say for certain though

Thanks for all the great info everyone! I actually got three calls on the house today and all three are interested. I told them to drive by it and call me if they wanted a showing.

As for the labels I found a printer that will print directly on the postcards and I am awaiting a price estimate so all is good in my world tonight :rolleyes:

Thanks for the FHA info MC! At least my ad-lib with the seller made sense.