The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam

How do Homeowners sign your agreements?

Friendly greetings!

Quick question.... How do you have Homeowners fill out your agreements (lease agreement, option agreement, assignment, etc.) when you do your deals?

Do you go to the Homeowners house and sign in person?

Do you snail mail it to the Homeowner with maybe a self-addressed return envelope?

Do you email it to the Homeowner through an online signature service like Docusign or Echosign?

I used to go out to the house to meet with the Homeowner. Did a deal that way, but realized I was on the road a lot. Changed to doing it through Docusign and signed up a few deals that way.

What's workin' for ya?

~Adam

If the deal is local and convenient enough I will meet the homeowner at the property. If it's a long distance deal, or the homeowner is out of the area, fax or mail works fine.

I always just e-mail and have them print and sign, then my rep picks them up if it's in their area, or, if the owner is long distance, they fax or scan them back.

There are some fancier ways now like docusign and stuff....

. . .

There are some fancier ways now like docusign and stuff....

The fancier you get, the greater the likelihood of scaring off the homeowner. KISS, baby, KISS.

KISS, baby, KISS.
All I wanted to know is how you signed docs with homeowners and MC is wanting me to KISS people? :rolleyes: Let's focus here...

While I agree with your KISS philosophy it seems that an online signature service such as Docusign or Echosign is about as easy as it comes. However, I can understand that it is a newer technology and people might be just a little more scared/hesitant/unsure doing all that electronically. Maybe I'll try emailing (w/ attachment) the document and also give them a link where they can fill out the form online....

Thanks for the responses Gentlemen. I appreciate it.

I signed up for docusign but of course, I've yet to do a deal so I can't vouch for "what works".

As far as sending docs to the seller, I always thought it was frowned upon to "leave unsigned paperwork in the hands of the seller". no?

so what? just email the blank agreements then they sign em and send them back to you? I'm trying to keep overhead down so I don't have a fax number OR a mailing address :)

It isn't always possible to meet the homeowner in person and leave with the signed docs. When it isn't, you'll have to use your judgement and instincts. If you do end up mailing them, they should be completed to the point of everything but the homeowner's signature. Might he copy them and screw you? Sure, it could happen. But that's the exception rather than the rule. If not, your judgement is askew.

It isn't always possible to meet the homeowner in person and leave with the signed docs. When it isn't, you'll have to use your judgement and instincts. If you do end up mailing them, they should be completed to the point of everything but the homeowner's signature. Might he copy them and screw you? Sure, it could happen. But that's the exception rather than the rule. If not, your judgement is askew.

Sent my first documents out via docusign. AWESOME SERVICE. definitely check them out.