The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

What if seller wants to see contract first?

What is the best way to deal with a seller wanting to see the contract before doing the deal? How is this handled, especially if they are out of the area?

Thanks,

Erik

If the deal is local, your paperwork comes and goes with you. If the homeowner tries the "I want my attorney to review the contracts" BS, tell him sure and ask him for the attorney's name and number so you can set an appointment with him.

If the deal is a distant one, there's no need to be sending paperwork to anyone without having a verbal agreement first. Reach an agreement, build a level of trust, and then the agreements can come out.

• Like 1

I one time recorded a video from my computer screen of the contracts, scrolling down slowly... and sent it to a seller who I was a little suspicious of (he was an agent in another state). He didn't like it, but I wasn't willing to send him the actual documents. If he was serious, he could have read the entire agreement easy enough the way I sent it. lol

I probably won't do that again, because if I'm worried about them just taking the contracts, I probably shouldn't do business with them to begin with. Trust your instincts.

I have no problem letting them have the contract first. I place a SAMPLE WATER MARK all over it in the back ground and if it is in adobe, most of them only have the reader. But if you are going to have a problem. Figure it out now. Not later. Besides, if he wants to type all the pages and so forth.....GREAT! I have been toying with the idea of making these available where they cannot print out the SAMPLE COPY. Not sure how to set it up. But I think you can.

I have no problem letting them have the contract first. I place a SAMPLE WATER MARK all over it in the back ground and if it is in adobe, most of them only have the reader. But if you are going to have a problem. Figure it out now. Not later. Besides, if he wants to type all the pages and so forth.....GREAT! I have been toying with the idea of making these available where they cannot print out the SAMPLE COPY. Not sure how to set it up. But I think you can.

We just talked about this in the class yesterday, and I send mine out all the time like a contract whore...

But, they are 20 pages that have my company name all over the, in pdf, and watermarked....

It's just not worth someones time to jack with "stealing" the docs....

by the time they redrafted the docs, the house would be in foreclosure anyway...HA!!!

There are all kinds of security measures you can do with ADobe, such as requiring a key code to open, and you can set it up to not allow them to print..don't ask me how...I'm a lover, not a techie....