The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
suburbantim

Leasing Representative

So, the Leasing Rep that was going to begin marketing my first property can't do it. Apparently, splitting the fee with her broker doesn't make the effort worth it and she needs to work under the supervision of a broker.

Do you guys used licensed agents as Reps?

What kind of arrangement do you have?

Could my unlicensed assistant market, show and collect paperwork on properties where I'm a prinicipal?

It's probably gonna depend on what state you're in (err... the property in question)

One investor I know has the maintenance person meet w/ interested tenants, collect paperwork, etc., whether or not it's legal or legal in your state I'm not sure. I believe they just get paid hourly, not on a commission. There might be like a 2 hr minimum to go collect signed documents for example.

Do you guys used licensed agents as Reps?
Never. Why would you?

Could my unlicensed assistant market, show and collect paperwork on properties where I'm a prinicipal?
I only play an attorney on TV or at the bar when hitting on a gold digging blonde, but my answer is, "why not?" I don't believe a license is required to do those things.