The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
bvarbel

If you HAD to do a Lease Option, where should you go?

Hello Everyone,

I haven't been around in a while, though I often lurk on this site.

I used to live in NYC. I bought the Naked Investor manual over a year ago. At the time, it didn't seem practical in my part of the country without a car (though I know people do it). Now I live in Victorville, CA and the nature of the city seems to lend itself quite well to this business.

I am seeing HUGE signs on properties all over town, as well as on street corners. My street just had a L/O sign on it, and a nice family just moved in. It looked like they got the house and did some easy cosmetic work (like rocks over weeds--we live in the desert).

I have been so busy, and I'm not really interested in this path any more. I've been pursuing other lucrative ventures. It dawned on me that, for me, as a home owner, if i ever needed a solution for my own real estate problems, I should entertain a lease option as a possible exit strategy.

Would it be better to work with someone here on this site with a fair profit structure, since I know the drill and would fully cooperate, or would it be better to call a local L/O guy?

I hope everyone is doing well.

Brian...

Hi, Brian. It's been a while. Hope all is well out in CA.

I don't understand your question: "Would it be better to work with someone here on this site with a fair profit structure, since I know the drill and would fully cooperate, or would it be better to call a local L/O guy?"

Was is it that you are looking for someone to help you with?

Hi, Brian. It's been a while. Hope all is well out in CA.

I don't understand your question: "Would it be better to work with someone here on this site with a fair profit structure, since I know the drill and would fully cooperate, or would it be better to call a local L/O guy?"

Was is it that you are looking for someone to help you with?

Sorry...I'm sleeping.

I was just saying that if down the road I wanted to L/O my house would it be better to work with you guys or call the local guy that has signs all over the street?

This was a hypothetical exit strategy because people around here don't seem to be selling much of anything.

I'm not looking to do anything now or in the near future.

I understand your question was hypothetical, but I'm wondering why you wouldn't be able to structure the deal on your own? You've got my manual and the necessary agreements. Any questions that might come up during the process could easily be answered right here.

No $hit..just do it yourself, and if you have questions along the way, post them here.

Besides, the guy with the signs is probably just someone that bought a $97 manual on how to do it anyway!..HA!

• Like 1