The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums

Hi everyone,

I am coming out of some big challenges in my life and returning to the industry that I love, crei. Back in 2002ish I did a bit of wholesaling and worked with preforcs. I always wanted to do l/o's but didn't have the confidence and not enough money to purchase a course.

A girlfriend pointed me in this direction and I am so glad. This is a super forum and it's amazing to me that Michael actually shows up here!! I like how helpful everyone is . . . and the humor is fun ; >

I want to build up some cash for getting the course from Michael and expanding my marketing plan. I don't know enough to do a l/o on my own and don't have the forms necessary. SO I thought maybe I could market, get some leads and pass them on to some of you who know what you're doing. Bird dogin'

I know I'd be leaving a lot on the table but I'd rather do that than screw up a deal.

Whatcha think? Thanx!

Hi, Melodee. Glad you found us and glad to read you've come back to real estate. If you were able to make it previously working wholesale deals and preforeclosures, then you'll find lease options infinitely easier. Which is why I always advocate this strategy as the best starting point for the new investor.

I understand your preference for going the bird dog route at this time, but I think it probably isn't necessary. Again, lease options are relatively easy and with just the basics behind you and the assistance you can get here, you can do better than you think, and sooner than you think, too.

Where are you located, by the way?

Hi Michael, SO great of you to respond so quickly. I am in Ventura/Santa Barbara areas in SoCal. However I have dreamed for many years, even when I was more of a noob than now, to do deals in many locations. I would just need to have someone there be my boots on the ground. I will start local and expand outwardly.

I have always been a 2%er so I I know I can do this ; >

I really don't feel like I know enough to even get started tho---right now. I know l/o is about rent to own; can't remember the details tho. I've heard that I should market to the nice lower end of the farm areas near me. I don't even know if that is true. I will start emailing soon---every for rent and for sale ad from here to kookamonga. And I used to be called the cold call queenm so cold calling isn't a prob.

Is there something I could read here on NI to get the overall basics? See this is why I thought I could pass these on to one of the great people here----I don't even know what to say to the potential seller/lo candidate when they are wanting to do "it". If I passed a couple deals off I would have the money to get your book---maybe even the mentor program (haven't looked at that yet).

I am super excited about this Michael!! I'm havin' a hard time sleepin' lol.

You certainly have the enthusiasm to hit the ground running. As for reading, spend some time reviewing the info that can be had here. Lots of valuable insights and shared experience from your fellow members.

Hey there DeeLight! I'm wondering who your friend is that referred you to this crazy forum.

Based on your location, I would guess a lady named Karen????

Hey right back at ya Pilot! No, I met a new girlfriend about 9 yrs ago who was doing l/o's (I was doing preforcs). We have never met but stayed friends thru the phone lines all this time. Her name is Natalie. I told her last week that I was interested in l/o and she recommended the Naked Investor. So here I am . . . and so glad to be here.

I am in the Ventura Ojai & Sta Barbara areas. I'm gonna start here but my goal is to market in Vegas & the greater Phnx areas in the near future. No, I lie, I want to market everywhere. . . full speed ahead baby ; >

I am in the Ventura Ojai & Sta Barbara areas.

Lucky you! Beautiful area of the planet. I had the pleasure once a few years back. What I remember most was this local, nondescript family run restaurant. Central American cuisine. The most unforgettable and best damn fish tacos I ever ate. I can't remember the name of the place but it was in Ventura. I'm not opposed to returning just for those tacos!

Michael,

If you come to my hood, I'll treat! It's the least I can do. I know the place you're talking about but I can't remember the name.

Hmmmmm, but what would we talk about??? lol

Yes Michael, some of the best food I've eaten has been in lil hole-in-the-wall places like this. What were you doing on "the Avenue" lookin at props?

I was in Ventura training a student in my One-on-One program many years back. We took a lunch break and that's where he suggested. I'm forever grateful. B)

DeeLight

Had a friend that got Michael's book and did very well. Haven't seen or heard from him due to one of those divorce deals he and his wife had where you have to chose sides. Not my game they were great people just couldn't live with each other, and my wife and I refused to pick a side.

Anyway he said what he found useful was reading up on the lease option books at the library and also various sites. Said it helped build a better foundation for doing this and he felt more comfortable, and later on when he ran into a few great deals doing this he didn't assign but made them part of his investment program.

Good luck, Almost moved to you neighbor Oxnard a few years ago.