The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Learning and Burning

From s.l.o To buyer wanting to be on title.

So, today got seller pinned down for the whole marriage thing. After talking with her pastor she has decided to NOT allow them into the house. Her beliefs are what they are and shes not comfortable wavering. If they would get married at the court house and have a wedding later, she would do it. Shes kicking her own ass, is the way i see it. But who am i to what she believes....

So i mentioned to t/b that owner still contemplating them and others and would feel more comfortable if they married. Not sure how else to put it. Since they plan on it this summer anyway. They really want it and i really think they are a great fit for a not so great house. My bigger problem is they, are the only ones so far willing to take on the house, and its lost momentum. Interest has dropped as the house needs work. So now figuring a different strategy. Any suggestions ??????

These are the days of my life..... ^_^

Now maybe a good time to see if you can re-negotiate some items in the agreement to generate new interest from other potential tenant/buyers. Can the seller lower the rent some? Or, can the price drop a bit to offer a larger rent credit that can be advertised as this property now being an even better deal?

It's either the terms or the marketing that need to be improved. Someone will jump at it if the terms are friendly and scream "deal", and if the word gets out over the hills and valleys.

Ok, Got an offer today for this one. Both price and terms changed.

$90,000 $1,000 down and $1,000 per month with a balloon in 3 years.

Seller is considering it. I will be getting a $2,000 finders fee. Shes agreed to pay me. I'm trying to get this done before tonight @ 5 because thats when her sabath starts. And shes going out of town till Monday....

And now i need to know what i draw up and with who? I have a lease with option to buy with seller now.

Closer to tequilla with my lemon.....

Did not get it done yet. Working on getting t/b and seller together today. And am guessing i will need a promisorry note from seller? Anything else i will need? I am looking to have my ducks in a row for when this comes together.

Thanks.....

A Promissory Note between you and the seller would work, as would a Marketing Fee Agreement, Finders Fee or a Consultation Fee Agreement. Call it what you prefer, but just get something in writing to protect yourself.

Again, NO deal. The last t/b changed his mind. From Friday he was all over it. Monday changed his mind.... Time is a killer....

Trying to get seller to go back to the unmarried couple. told her to go back to our lease with option to buy. Letting me sub lease and deal with the unmarried values, and gurantee the payment.. Waiting an answer.... Lemon still waiting for Tequilla.

Grrrrrrrrrrr........

Feel your pain. I just had a great t/b back out today. This is the 3rd time I had a good tenant/buyer for this house in as many months. The first t/b the seller wouldn't approve. The next two backed out. Grrrrrrrr is right! I talked the seller in letting me market for another month.

Good luck.

Again, NO deal. The last t/b changed his mind. From Friday he was all over it. Monday changed his mind.... Time is a killer....

Trying to get seller to go back to the unmarried couple. told her to go back to our lease with option to buy. Letting me sub lease and deal with the unmarried values, and gurantee the payment.. Waiting an answer.... Lemon still waiting for Tequilla.

Grrrrrrrrrrr........

Can't they just say they are married? :P Get a couple of cheap Walmart rings. It's not like the seller is wanting to see a marrige certificate is it?

• Like 1

Grrrrrrrrrrr........

Time is indeed a killer. The longer it takes to wrap up a deal, be it on the seller side or the tenant/buyer side, the greater the likelihood it unravels.

I admire your persistence. Keep pushing. The deal will happen. In the meantime, look for other homeowners, other properties, to add to your inventory.

Update. I talked to seller about going back to original slo deal with the new terms. And i would control who go's in the house and gurantee the payment. She talked to her pastor and decided that since she knows of the unmarried scenario that it wouldnt work. with that couple. Had i not told her and the slo was the deal that would be different in her eyes.

She has never met the couple. So now if i get her to s.l.o again. I would let them in there and she wouldnt know anything about not being married. So now its a disclosure thing with me. A dilema now to ponder, are you picking up what im laying down?

Keeping it alive and still marketing for more sellers....

Update. I talked to seller about going back to original slo deal with the new terms. And i would control who go's in the house and gurantee the payment. She talked to her pastor and decided that since she knows of the unmarried scenario that it wouldnt work. with that couple. Had i not told her and the slo was the deal that would be different in her eyes.

She has never met the couple. So now if i get her to s.l.o again. I would let them in there and she wouldnt know anything about not being married. So now its a disclosure thing with me. A dilema now to ponder, are you picking up what im laying down?

Keeping it alive and still marketing for more sellers....

You should ask the seller if she ever got "wild & crazy" back in the day :P

A dilema now to ponder, are you picking up what im laying down?

Yes, I am. I don't see the harm in having these folks move in. Unmarried, living together. . .I mean, is that news anymore? I'd probably go for it, but the risk is that the couple somehow lets it slip to the owner that they are "living in sin" and who knows what the reaction might be. :blink: