9 replies to this topic

#1 Lynn (FL)

Lynn (FL)

Wheelin' and Dealin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Is anyone knocking on the door of FSBO's and/or MLS listed properties, and talking directly to the owner?  With the listed properties, you may have to approach it with "I see you're home is listed, and I wish you the best of luck, but if it doesn't work out for you, here's my information (brochure, flyer, etc)."

What do you think of doing this?  I know the best time to catch people at home would be late afternoon and weekends, but this way you're actually talking to the owner directly.

Lynn (FL)

#2 <Steve>

<Steve>

Wheelin' and Dealin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

I think my opening line would be:

"I am not an encyclopedia salesman or a Jehovah’s Witness and I don’t do vacuums.  I want to buy your house."

• MichaelC likes this

Just a kid living the dream

#3 MichaelC

MichaelC

Makes a mean Lasagne!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,211 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

The problem this poses for me, Lynn, is the consumption of time.  How many doors can you knock on in any given afternoon?

#4 Lynn (FL)

Lynn (FL)

Wheelin' and Dealin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

Michael,

Yes, and how about the time and expense it takes to drive from property to property. 

Lynn (FL)

#5 Lynn (FL)

Lynn (FL)

Wheelin' and Dealin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

I pulled a list of MLS listed properties, and took the time to run the address thru the county tax records.  Of those, 48% of the properties are owned by absentee owners.  In other words, IF I mail or hand-deliver information directly to the property, almost half of them will most likely NOT be received by the actual homeowner.  

With this information, if I choose to do "door knocking", I can target just the ones that are owner-occupied, and mail to the others.

Lynn (FL)

• MichaelC likes this

#6 MichaelC

MichaelC

Makes a mean Lasagne!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,211 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Lynn (FL). . .smart and shrewd   ;)

#7 ErikOk

ErikOk

Wheelin' and Dealin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

I pulled a list of MLS listed properties, and took the time to run the address thru the county tax records.  Of those, 48% of the properties are owned by absentee owners.  In other words, IF I mail or hand-deliver information directly to the property, almost half of them will most likely NOT be received by the actual homeowner.  

With this information, if I choose to do "door knocking", I can target just the ones that are owner-occupied, and mail to the others.

Lynn (FL)

Or do a double sided flyer with one side homeowner & the other side renters. That way you can see if the renters are interested in buying.

#8 MichaelC

MichaelC

Makes a mean Lasagne!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,211 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Or do a double sided flyer with one side homeowner & the other side renters. That way you can see if the renters are interested in buying.

ErikOk. . . Smarter and shrewder. :P

#9 Lynn (FL)

Lynn (FL)

Wheelin' and Dealin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Huuummmmmm.....how can I beat that?   :wacko:

Lynn (FL)

#10 MichaelC

MichaelC

Makes a mean Lasagne!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,211 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Huuummmmmm.....how can I beat that?   :wacko:

Lynn (FL)

I guess you'll have to kick it up a notch to smarterer and shrewderer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users