The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
SteveWarrene

What is everyone doing in the RE investing game now a days?

I"ve been in the business for awhile and do; Options, Wholesaling, Flips, buy and holds, Lease Options etc... I'm new to the group and looking to see what everyone is doing? Options are our starting point for everything then we go from there. Just looking to see what peoples niche is.

I hope everyone speaks up about what they are doing and how they are doing it.

Hi, Steve, and welcome to The Naked Investor.

Back when this board started, around 2003, it was targeted at new investors, with an interest in lease options. I felt then and I feel now that they are still one of the best, if not the best strategy for the new kid on the block. As you know, done correctly they are safe, relatively easy to put to use, and have minimal out-of-pocket capital requirements. That said, that was the lure back in the day. Many of the original members here have gone on to other strategies as they grew as investors. Which is the logical development we all follow. Get good, then get big. B)

For me my market zigged and zagged and went flat, especially the FSBO market. No new construction for years. Now we have an inventory shortage and the average Joe is broke anyway. The Lease Purchase Advantage is where I realized how to do true no down deals and that is where I took off. My favorite was/is sandwich L/O deals. Moving forward I included other RE investing techniques. Although I have optioned ugly houses, and wholesaling them seems to be all the rage, it’s not really my favorite thing to do. But that’s me. So, looking around to see where the inventory of nice houses in good areas was, it seems it was all with brokers; so I obtained my license and spent some time on the other side to see what ups as a Realtor. I have since moved back to being naked. I am a broker, but consider myself a licensed investor. I now work with other investors who want access to the MLS, work with sellers & buyers on listings and do property management. My specialty is still dong Lease Purchase deals but with a slight spin being licensed; and helping sellers using other creative techniques. Currently, my market is hot for rentals. So, sandwich type deals, property management and keeping an eye out for creative buy and hold is what I hunt for, and what has sustained me through my market’s down turn. :)

• Like 1