The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mpine

War Zone

So I get a phone call for a fixer upper in a WAR ZONE...... conversation details....

Property worth 195k

Mortgage remaining 185k

Monthly Payment $1,600/mo

Since this property is in a war zone I do not wish to SLO it and plan to CA it as follows:

Handyman Special

$210,000

$10,000 Down

$1800/mo @ 50% rent credit

Final Sale

$210,000

- 10,000 Down

- 10,800 Rent Credits

Total $189,200

If anyone has any recommendations on how to deal with a War Zone property I am all ears. I am signing this property up next Saturday.

Mike

:)

heh... I posted an ad on Craigslist and my phone is already ringing off the hook...

210k Handyman Special

3 bed 1 Bath

No Bank Qualifying

$10,000 gets you in

$1800/mo

Rent Credits available

Sweet deal Mr. Pine.

Hope you see a payday outta this.

This Craig's List thing....

I see that some of you use it pretty often.

I'm wondering if it's more beneficial for the guys and gals that are

in the bigger cities.

Yes?

No?

I think I'll go play around and see what

the buzz is.

K.

I'm back.

I did a quick scan and noticed most of the cities/areas listed were

the larger ones.

I guess I'll just stick to my 2 cans-n-twine

and hollerin'

^_^

As far as dealing in warzones...I haven't and don't.

BUT 50% of my CA deals were categorized in the fixer department.

(1 outta 2 ;):o )

There's folks that need some help getting into a home that does not mind

fixing it up. Your typical wholesale/rehab deals are more cash-intensive.

This is "voided" when utilizing CAs to get the deal done.

A bonus to these type deals is that you get paid without lifting a hammer. B)

Hope everything works out.

This Craig's List thing....

I see that some of you use it pretty often.

I'm wondering if it's more beneficial for the guys and gals that are

in the bigger cities.

Yes?

No?

It used to be really good for me, but lately it's become so corrupted (real estate for sale section) with spam-like ads that it's hard to find/list any thing. It's all people like agents/mortgage brokers offering assistance or people saying they buy houses fast in the for sale sections. There is a place for ads like that, but they're all mixed in with the houses for sale. ^_^

Now I just place a small ad in the real estate wanted section and forget about it.

Mike, my experience with fixers and lease purchasing has been very good. I wish I had more of 'em. I don't do the fixing myself because, well, because I am a complete incompetent when it comes to those manly sorts of things...

My approach is as your's is here. Work with the homeowner and set up a CA. Get him better terms than he ever thought possible. Get the word out loudly, as you have already done on Craig's List. Use the buzz words: needs work, no qual, sweat equity, etc. As you see it gets the phone ringing.

Get it under wraps, Mike! Keep the option money...all of it. It'll be interesting to see if you get $10K option money on a $200K fixer. Whatever you do get, though, it sure beats buying, fixing, renting, vacancies, re-fixing, vacancies, etc. ^_^

yeah, i requested 10k, but it is negotiable... I figure ask for the stars and settle for the moon....... Id happily take 7k to be rid of this. I even plan to give the happy homeowner a $250 or $500 Home Depot Gift Card depending on the option money put down.

The homeowner has no interest in the option money, all she wanted to know was how much my service would cost her... aint motivated sellers great? :o

Mike

^_^

yeah, i requested 10k, but it is negotiable... I figure ask for the stars and settle for the moon....... Id happily take 7k to be rid of this.  I even plan to give the happy homeowner a $250 or $500 Home Depot Gift Card depending on the option money put down.

The homeowner has no interest in the option money, all she wanted to know was how much my service would cost her... aint motivated sellers great? :)

Mike

:)

Sounds like a plan, Mike. And, yes, motivated sellers make the world go round. B)

The house is a 3bd/1ba/kitchen/LR on top

Accessory Apartment 2bd/1ba/Kitchen/LR

Cottage is a studio with kitchen and living area

Signed up the War Zone property. Terms we agreed to were $185,000 owed on the property, monthly payments are $1400/mo so we agreed to no less then $1550/mo rent.

This is definitly a handyman special or an all cash purchase.

So I am looking at

$210,000 Purchase Price

- $ 8,000 Option Consideration

$ 1,600/mo rent w/ 50% RC -$800X12= -$9600

Final Purchase Price $192,400

I am also going to offer this property as an all Cash Purchase for $190,000 with my $5,000 included as the assignment fee.

Mike

:ninja:

post-169-1117311839.jpg

post-169-1117311864.jpg

Yes, my very first CA which will hopefully lead to many more :lol:

Mike

Excellent, Mike. You know what's next...market the heck out of that place! A sign on the property, directional signs around the neighborhood, online ads, (don't forget Craig's List), newspapers, flyers, etc. Move that baby, pass Go, and collect your $200. :ninja:

Congrats Mike!

$210,000?!?!?

sheesh

I can pick up properties like this from $25,000 on up.

But then again, different market...different prices.

Move that baby, pass Go, and collect your $200.

In this case....

$8,000 (or is it $5,000? I'm confused)

sweet... :ninja:

I priced the option money way to high to see what results I would get, and at $10,000 I got 1 reply in 2 days.. so I have revised my numbers to make it more attractive. The new numbers are...

$210,000 Purchase Price

$-7,500 Option Consideration

$1600/mo Rent - 75% Rent Credit = -$14,400

Price at closing = $188,100

This is making the homeowner $3,100 more then the contract price of $185,000 which should leave her extra happy making $400/mo cash flow plus 3k at closing. There is also still room in this to reduce the price further without affecting my option consideration or the very generous rent credits.

I am also going to throw in a $250 Home Depot or Lowes Gift Card to get the new homeowners a nice little start in the repairs.

Any and all opinions are always appreciated...

Mike

That's an excellent idea to offer your buyers a gift card to a place like Home Depot or Lowe's. Excellent, especially for these CA fixer deals.

I think I'll look more into these.

I see lotsa opportunity that I've been passing up.

Here's a great opportunity to own your own home without banks (at first), repair it how you want, and oh.....here's some $$$ to fix it up too. *In all actuality, they're the ones paying for it. :lol:

Beautiful. :ninja: