The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Pete

Picture of home in classified ad

Guest Pete

Has anyone tried putting a picture of the home along with the classified ad in the paper in their search for tenant buyers? I would imagine a picture of the property might ad some calls?

Pete

No, I haven't, and I wouldn't recommend you do either. The cost is probably prohibitive. And, the picture might very well cause a potential tenant/buyer to make a snap decision that they don't like the property. I'd rather they call me, and I can lead them to driving by the property for a real view of it.

Guest Peter

Michael,

Actually the cost of putting a picture in is only $10 extra for 30 days. So the price is very cheap. Would you still not put a picture in?

Agreed, the price is less than I expected. But, I still wouldn't opt for the picture. I have seen ads where the pic is included. To me, a small black and white thumbprint size photo rarely does justice to the property. As I said previously, I would rather talk directly to the prospect and have them drive by the property to view it. I think that investment of their time, and being able to actually get out of their car and touch the merchandise, so to speak, might push an emotional button and lead to something.

That's what I would do, Peter. For $10 you may want to try the photo and judge for yourself.

No, I think I will take your advice!!!! Thanks Mike!!!