The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
pilot76180

Contacting listed sellers

Guest Barry
You have a house listed with a Realtor, with a sign & info box in the yard. The listing price is $100,000.

The same house under contract with me also has my "Rent-to-Own" sign and my info box in the yard. My price option price is $110,000.

I felt that this potentially gave prospective tenant-buyers a position to argue about & attempt to negotiate the option price. Not good. I now have to explain and justify why I am entitled to 10% more under my deal.

Now, all of that being said, I just filled a house on a sandwich deal in exactly this type of scenario. Both signs in the yard, my price $10,000 higer than listed price, and I won. Hmmmm...not sure what I think now.

Regarding having to explain a Realtor set price, and a Rent-to-Own (higher) price to a prospective Tenant/Buyer........consider the following:

Let the tenant buyer know what he is paying is the price for the value of the property as established for a purchase 'a year from now'.

Let him know if he wants to buy it 'today', you'll offer it at the same price as the Realtor price as set for the present market.

Hope this helps some,

Create a great day!

Barry

Jason,

25%

+ 95%

_______

120% ...realtors aren't that productive are they?

% APPRECIATION ;)