The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
scott(pa)

Due on Sale Clause

:) Well Michael,

I put that post up there because it seems just as newbies get started they find out about the due on sale clause. Lets get this matter out of the way. I know several investors, and now including Michaels experience. All together between everyone that I talk to there is probably a total of 1000 deals. Out of those deals everyone will tell you the same thing. Dont worry about it! Its not going to happen. Why would a bank want to foreclose on a loan in good standing? They dont! The due on sale clause was created to protect the rising interest rates. This was years ago and the sitution has been taken care of. The clause still exists but is unheard of being used when a loan is in good standing. Think about it, it does not make since to call a loan in good standing.

Now that we have that barrier out of the way, Lets go do some deals.

Scott(pa)

I asked my local lender if they would call a loan due -- upon transfer of occupancy rights -- if I sold on a contract for deed (essentially wrapping the first mortgage).

They said (1) how would we ever find out, and, (2) if the underlying mortgage loan is current, why would we care?

Just my $0.01. Used to be $0.02, but you know what they say about a penny saved!

I asked my local lender if they would call a loan due -- upon transfer of occupancy rights -- if I sold on a contract for deed (essentially wrapping the first mortgage).

They said (1) how would we ever find out, and, (2) if the underlying mortgage loan is current, why would we care?

Just my $0.01.  Used to be $0.02, but you know what they say about a penny saved!

Dave, your lender sounds like he is living in the real world. :wacko: