The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Ellison

Assignment Flip

Do you have to write up a special contract for the assignment flip? After the money has changed hands from the t/b to me, what do I do to get my name off the orginal l/p from the seller? Has anyone ever had the assignment fall through(T/B not purchase) and the original seller complained?

Do you have to write up a special contract for the assignment flip?
No. The contract you use just cannot specify that "this agreement may not be assigned without the written permission of the seller", or something similar.

If the agreement you use doesn't state you cannot assign it, or specifically states that you can, then you are free to do so.

After the money has changed hands from the t/b to me, what do I do to get my name off the orginal l/p from the seller?
You don't really "get your name off the original". Instead, you attach an Assignment of Agreement form to it, stating that you are assigning your interest in the deal to the assignee.
Has anyone ever had the assignment fall through (T/B not purchase) and the original seller complained?
Assignees may or may not exercise their right to purchase the property. It is, after all, an option. But that is usually at least a year down the road and I am far out of the loop at that point and no longer a part of the picture.