The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Ellison

Cooperative assignment

;) I've read the section on CA at least 3 times and I still don't quite understand how it works. I guess, I learn by example. If anyone has a real example or fake, please post so I can grasp this concept. Plus, in the CA contract that comes with the manual, it states that "Any assignment fee paid shall be considered option consideration and will be credited in full towards the purchase price of the subject property as specified in the attached Option to Purchase Agreement." How does that work. Thanks in advance for your help. My ad is finally running, several calls, but no first deal. Thanks for all the wonderful marketing advice.

I've read the section on CA at least 3 times and I still don't quite understand how it works. I guess, I learn by example.
Your confusion is not so unusual. Many newbs have trouble at first. Don't stress out, Ellison. You're running about normal and if you keep your focus narrow by concentrating on what you need to do today, you'll do just fine. There is no education like experience. Do one deal, just one, and that ol' lightbulb goes off and suddenly it all makes sense.

And as for what needs to be done today: talk with homeowners, first and foremost. You'll accomplish this in only two ways: you call them, and they'll call you. Today, you need to concentrate on calling and marketing. Nothing else matters. Not wording in the contract, not what happens when the tenant/buyer says this, or does that. Keep it simple.

I know, you're thinking you're going to get kicked around at first, and you're right. But, so what? You'll quickly learn that your fears were unfounded and in no time you'll sense an improvement in your abilities on the telephone speaking with homeowners.

In the meantime, as you are working your new venture, you'll find plenty of support right here.