The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
jseamless

Seller pays for advertising

I am talking to a seller with a really nice home. They are motivated and wanting to do the deal. I am thinking of putting this house under contract with a option to buy. In order to sell quickly I think this property will need a expensive marketing campaign. Is there any legal issues with putting a option to buy on the property and having the seller pay for advertising?

Josh, what type of deal, exactly? A sandwich lease? Cooperative Assignment? Pure Option?

In any event, if you can get them to pay for the advertising I know of no legal issues with this. I'm just surprised that a homeowner who is doing a deal with you would than agree to pay for your marketing. But, hey, if you can get it to fly, more power to you.

Guest Guest

Josh,

I also see no reason for it being an issue. I have three right now where the sellers are all paying for the marketing. These are all CAs, but only one of them is non-exclusive.

If I were doing a sandwich LO, I wouldn't ask for them to do this though. That's just really crossing the line. :wacko:

Regards,

Adam

As I said previously, I find it interesting that a homeowner would agree to pay for your marketing. Which is what you have happening with a straight option.

Interesting, but not illegal. Go for it if you can get it.

I, too, have been getting the sellers to pay for the ad. I just tell them we can take it out of closing!

option8

Far be it from me to speak for a woman, ( :( ), but I think option8 means that the seller will pay for the advertising. Then, when the property sells and closes, that amount can be refunded to the sellers from her share of the profit.

Isn't that right, option?

That's right! Sorry...I responded to this via pm and missed seeing it here.

If's it is a retail property, the closing is fast.

If it is a lease option, I'll pay them when I get the money from the tb.

(I may be way off base here, but do the sellers get deductions for the cost of selling a home?---what if they are relocating for a job.)

The take away real message here is we don't LAY OUT ANY UPFRONT money if we can help it.

option8