The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Gene

Business Card Holder

After our teleconference on Thursday, I prepared to do some marketing over the weekend. I thought I would share one small item that I am using. In the Chicago land area, a lot of the grocery stores have a special place for advertisements. You are supposed to fill out a small card, about 4"W x 3.5"H. You write your advertisement on the card. There are also about 6 or 8 pull tabs for your phone number. These cards fit into a special slot on the provided board.

In my opinion, this system has a few flaws. All of the cards look exactly the same and mine would not be easily noticed. The boards are typically located in the entryway and thus many of the cards go flying when the door is opened, especially on a windy day. I have also seen people try to stick their business cards in the slots provided. They end up all over the floor.

I created a business card holder that seems to work well. It really is just a small version of a bandit sign. I think it could also be used in other places where you need to stick a small yet highly visible piece of advertising.

The materials I used are listed below.

1) 65 lb. yellow card stock

2) Self adhesive data disk pockets (meant for 3 1/2" floppy disks)

(I cut them in half and glue the one that is not sealed on the bottom)

3) Photo Mount Squares (stickers with double sided adhesive)

I have attached a picture of the final product. Two things that you do not see in the picture:

1) Under the plastic business card pouch I printed in very large font my phone number. If the cards run out, my contact info is still listed.

2) I put four doubled sided stickers on the back of the card holder (one in each corner). You can quickly pull off the sticker backing and place the card holder any where you want.

I hope this idea is useful to others.

Gene

Gene, count your blessings. Very few stores around here (grocery or otherwise) allow free advertising of any kind.

Your cardholder looks great! I've seen something similar, more of the lazyman's version:

Take one of your business cards and staple it on the bottom and on each side to your flyer/sign, then stick the rest of your cards into the created pouch, sideways. Same result, but I think yours looks more professional.

Looks good, Gene. I like it. I think it will definitely stand out and get noticed. Just be sure to put up as many as you can in every location that allows it, (and maybe a few that don't :huh: ). Thanks for sharing.