The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
option8

Think of every thing you do...

Hi everyone,

Due to recent, overwhelming activity in my business, I've had a few radical shifts in my thinking and thought I share a bit.

As you know, I'm a big, big proponent of networking! If I'm going to have 5-8 regular sources of leads, I need to tell everyone about what I do.

NETWORKING

I attended a "home sales party" the other day. It's not usually my thing, but I thought it would be a great opportunity to network. I really didn't want to go, but I forced myself get up and attend. Boy am I glad I did, because I was right! From that event on Sunday, I received leads on 3 potential buyers and 4 sellers. One contact at this party locked on to one phrase in my "telling people what I do". The magic phrase that emerged was "creative financing". She used this phrase with those she subsequently told and the result was 2 of the buyer leads. (I think I'm going to have to intentionally include this in my marketing!) I was also invited to join a local business networking group. (This had been on my list of things to locate, but I hadn't gotten around to it....) If I can add one tiny suggestion for everyone to implement... Don't just tell everyone what you do. Tell them what you do and then boldly ask them if they know anyone with a property for sale or someone who needs a home.

Another Example:

I called a house cleaning company the other day to make arrangements for a home we are moving in 3 weeks. I told this gentleman what we do and asked him if he knew of anyone with a home to sell --- His family has an estate they are settling.

CLASSIFIEDS

Lately, I have been running a few classifieds to move a couple of properties. I really don't have great faith in the classifieds, however great things have happened because of these ads.

First, my rule of thumb is: if they call and don't leave a message, I call back anyway and ask "What were they looking for?". I do this because it gets me more buyer for my LOs, but from these recent ads I have obtained 8 investor buyers for flips. One of these is a locator for a huge investor looking for multiples. It just so happened that I had a profile for a multiple on my desk and was able to make a sweet fee for assigning a contract. If that isn't good enough, they'd like more multi-family properties, so I've been telling everyone I encounter that I am looking for multiples. You know what, I've located about 10 --- each one to flip for a sweet fee!

Did I get my property moved from these ad's? No! But with one phone call, I did ratchet my business to another level.

Finally, our WEBSITE is really cranking right about now. I'm not sure if people are coming off their holiday/winter stupor or what, but we've been getting 5 leads a week lately. Many of these are people who are relocating and are highly motivated to move their properties.

I know that sometimes it seems like I do a "brain-dump" on this board. I apologize if the dumps are hard to follow, but I hope someone benefits from my inklings.

I repeat: Everything you do in life is a HUGE MARKETING OPPORTUNITY for your business! Be prepared to capitalize on every opportunity that presents itself.

Happy Hunting...

option8

The verdict is in: option8 is "The Bomb!" B)

Mike P. :o

The Legal Eagle