The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam King (MI)

Experience saves a deal

Andrew,

Thanks. The funny thing about boards is that they're not in real time! lol That deal was taken care of almost a week ago now. It's been back on the market for new buyers (Actually never came off) and the couple that was interested hasn't even qualified for my locator program! Needless to say they have some things to take care of.

I appreciate your help greatly and I actually had a friend that reads this board comment on how good some of your approaches were. And this is all free.....man!

Regards,

Adam

And Thank you Adam!

There is a saying "It is the team work that makes the dream work" so hopefully we can do some biz together, make people happy and get them what they want and need.

You da man!!

Take care!

Andrew

Adam.

Could you explain about your locator program? Is that were you try and find them a new place? Do you charge for this service?

Well....

First off, "Andrew" Warm Fuzzies.. :D

Second, "Jake"

Yes, it is a simple program that gives you the buyer before the property. It's a great vehicle as leverage to do a CA or work with Realtors. When Realtors move a property on rent terms, their commission is usually a part of all of first months rent. Why not do the same by filling a property? All you have to do is locate the seller/landlord and negotiate a LO transaction and take a part, or all of the option from the buyer. There's too much to go into about it here and it's really still something I haven't done a ton of. This week should prove interesting though as I have some help :D perfecting this little niche.

So far we have a few people contracted to find properties. Let's see what has happened by Friday and if I can put my money where my mouth is?

Regards,

Adam

Adam, I'd like to hear more about this locator program too. Especially if it means getting realtors out looking for properties for you to LO!

The realtor gets the first month's rent, you get the considertion, and the seller gets rid of their problem with a positive cashflow and higher sale price to boot. Sounds like a winner.

Doug,

Again, the locator program was kind of a crash course late last year. It started when I had that deal where I backed out because the seller was nervous, but we held onto the buyer's $7K and promised them another property. That was the “Realtor Deal”.

We're getting the wrinkles ironed out this week and I'll be more than happy to share the process. So far it's all theory even knowing the calls are starting to come in.

We'll get it...

Adam

Adam, I understand perfectly ... once you have their money you never give it back! You just find a new use for it.

So how did it go down with that deal? Did you call rental agents looking for something that could be turned into an LO, or what?