The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jason (AL)

Anyone doing direct mailings?

I'm currently checking into a few companies to see what best fits my criteria.

Personally, I'm more into sub2 deals.

So, I'm not sure if direct mailings would be the same for sandwich L/Os as it woud for a sub2s. -----the angle to get sellers to call me.

If anyone has anything they could share...

-- what you're using

-- what you've heard that other investors are using (successful ones, that is) ;)

Thanks guys & gals.

Jason

I was going to post a new topic but this thread fits right in. I sent the first batch of 20 "LPA postcards" to FSBOs this morning. I thought I'd post about my direct mail efforts and the results, assuming someone is interested?

I'd be very interested in hearing the results, Doug. I wouldn't put too much stock, however, in a twenty piece mailing. That's not going to give you an accurate gauge of the effectiveness of your marketing. More pieces and more time will be needed.

Doug, I'm interested too. Is the reason you are using the postcards instead of the letters is the cost of the mailing? Are you tracking addresses in a database with dates sent for follow up? I'm thinking of testing the post cards or letters in the KC,MO and KC, KS and Joplin,MO areas - maybe we could compile our results? Do you have your web address on the postcard?

Michael, have you ever thought about developing a letter series that could be sent to FSBOs; maybe 3 or 4 different pre-formatted letters that would be sent two to three weeks apart and tracked on a day planner? They could be printed in bulk, all of them signed, addressed and sealed at the first contact and follow ups recorded in the day planner and then sent accordingly in the weeks ahead.

Gary

Michael, I thought I'd post only what I've done.

As for what I plan to do, is send another 20 or 30 on Monday and again next Thursday, and so on. Eventually ending up with 200-300 by the end of the month.

Gary, unfortunately postcards cost the same to mail as letters here in Canada.

There are two reasons I'm sending the LPA as a postcard:

1) It's nearly impossible to get the names of homeowners here in Ontario (privacy laws) which would obviously make it less likely that the letters would get opened.

2) I've heard that postcards are read by up to 6 people before they reach their destination. Between you and me that's free advertising, baby!

Yes, I'm keeping track of everything I know about each property (address, neighborhood, city, # of beds, # of baths, sq.ft., style, last known asking price, etc.)

Yes, I have my phone, fax, email and website on the card.

Jason,

We sent out almost 2000 pieces last week that included letters, foreclosure letters and postcards to expired listings, delinquent taxes and a small blanket campaign to a certain part of town. So far we have received 8 phone calls from sellers.

Regards,

Adam

Hey Adam, I'd posted this in another thread but it fits here.... Is the only way to get to expired listings through a realtor? Do they keep a list? Also, I'm guessing that the delinquent taxes are a matter of public record?....at the county treasurer's office?

Thanks!

Gary

Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

Me, personally, I'm looking into either siteXdata.com or FARES (First American Real Estate Solutions) to look for a way to get a targeted mailing campaign going.

As of right now, I have a free TRIAL offer w/ siteX.

It's pretty cool so far.

I've looked up info on houses that are owned by some of the big fellas in the REI industry.

But, since I live in a smaller area and will only be focused on 2-5 counties in my state, I was told FARES MIGHT be a better choice.

I'll let everyone know what I've turned up if anyone is interested.

Later,

Jason

:lol: ACK!!!!

I accidentally clicked on "New Topic" rather than "Add Reply" when trying to respond to the message thread below. <_<

OOPS....

Oh well, I have "it's late...blah blah blah" to fall back on as my alibi. :ph34r:

Almost got me.

:lol:  ACK!!!!

I accidentally clicked on "New Topic" rather than "Add Reply" when trying to respond to the message thread below.  :unsure:

OOPS....

Oh well, I have "it's late...blah blah blah" to fall back on as my alibi.  :ph34r:

Almost got me.

No prob, Superman. Through my own secret powers I have merged the topics in question. I got your back covered........... :ph34r:

Ah, yes....I am impressed by your powers to merge stuff together into one form.

Just like the ingredients to your famous lasagne, you have done the same with my words. :lol:

...my search for a partner(not side-kick :) ) in this super-hero lifestyle is now over. :unsure:

Welcome to the team!

- now to come up w/a name ....hmmm...........

...my search for a partner(not side-kick  :)  ) in this super-hero lifestyle is now over.  :unsure:

Welcome to the team!

- now to come up w/a name ....hmmm...........

Hmmm........Jimmy Olsen, your usual sidekick, always left me a little skittish with regards to his personal life, if you know what I mean :lol: . I don't think he ever gave Lois Lane a second look. :)

In the meantime, when I'm not pondering such heavy thoughts, I'll muse about a new SuperHero name.

Gary,

As far as I know you're right about everything you suggested.

Henry Ford....that is all I can tell you with the way I do work. The more I do REI the more I realize that I have other people helping me look good! :unsure:

I have a wonderful associate that does my mailings. I don't touch them. I guess she uses the MLS with her access. She's in TN right now, so I guess we should wait for the "Wizard behind the curtain" to tell us what's up?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Adam

PS