The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Lydia

Mailing Postcards

Well, I ran out of stamps, but I got 44 postcards and 4 letters in the mail yesterday. Most of the postcards were to owners in houses in my neighborhood that are non-owner occupied (rentals). I got my first call today! That was quick, and that is better than a 2% response!!! It is a zero lot line and is currently rented, but the owner lives 35 miles away and doesn't really want to be a landlord. This was a house he wasn't able to sell in 6 months of trying, so he rented it out 6 years ago. I think it will be a good deal--the guy sounds not very "motivated", but very flexible, anyway. He actually told me I sounded like a nice person and he was glad I contacted him and he was excited to have a happy end to his landlording days. His tenant is supposed to be moving out soon, and I'm sure the house will turn around quickly. He has never had a problem renting it out. I am sure we'll do business, but there isn't a huge amount of money in it.

I also got 2 more calls off my radio ad and they both look promising.

So, that is 6 calls from my weekend ad. 2 of them I probably can't do anything with. I also added a name to my buyer's list today for someone who is looking for a lease/purchase.

It sure is a good feeling to have my phone ringing!

Well that's great Lydia. Glad that the phone is ringing from your radio ad, now that the hush from the holiday weekend is over.

Regarding your post cards, do you target a specific neighborhood you are interested in. And this may be a stupid question :D but how do you obtain the correct addresses? If you don't mind me asking, what is your message on the post cards, and do you think flyers (maybe door hanger type) could work as well and save on postage.

Just curious ;)

Thanks <Steve>

Regarding your post cards, do you target a specific neighborhood you are interested in. And this maybe a stupid question  but how do you obtain the correct addresses? If you don't mind me asking, what is your message on the post cards, and do you think flyers (maybe door hanger type) could work as well and save on postage.

Yes, I am targeting specific neighborhoods.

I go to our tax assessor's page and look up the street and it lists all owners of the property, and their mailing addresses.

My card says:

HUBBELL HOME SOLUTIONS

"Creative Solutions for Real Estate Problems"

Need to sell your house quickly? Are you:

-relocating?

-divorcing?

-needing a smaller or larger home?

-behind in payments?

-do you want to sell an inherited or rental property?

Call for a free, no obligation consultation!

I am not a real estate agent!

(contact info)

and I think my next batch will also have printed

"Save for future reference, or pass on to a friend!" or something like that.

No, in this case I do not think door hangers will work the same. I tried fliers, but they aren't getting to the owners of the rentals. Now, if a renter was wanting to move into a lease/op house, that might work. And renters also do divorce, etc., but I'm targeting people who want to sell their houses--obviously, a renter doesn't fit into that niche.

I do think fliers and doorhangers are useful, but I have not as of yet got a call from a flier.

Lydia

I got my first call today! That was quick, and that is better than a 2% response!!! It is a zero lot line and is currently rented, but the owner lives 35 miles away and doesn't really want to be a landlord. This was a house he wasn't able to sell in 6 months of trying, so he rented it out 6 years ago. I think it will be a good deal--the guy sounds not very "motivated", but very flexible, anyway. He actually told me I sounded like a nice person and he was glad I contacted him and he was excited to have a happy end to his landlording days. His tenant is supposed to be moving out soon, and I'm sure the house will turn around quickly. He has never had a problem renting it out. I am sure we'll do business, but there isn't a huge amount of money in it.
Show him The Lease Purchase Advantage, Lydia. This property owner is a perfect candidate for a Cooperative Assignment. And that'll put a few grand in your pocket for sharing your know how with him.

OK, I get it. So you are, or at least with this last mailing, basically marketing to the landlord/owners of already rented properties. Interesting.

Are the tax assessor's information located on a web site, or is this a court house visit to obtain the addresses?

Thx

<S>

I'm in Nashville. If I go to Nashville.gov I can find a link to the property assessor's office and it has ALL the properties in the county, residential and commercial. Just have to know the address or the owner's name or the parcel. I typed in a few streets and scrolled down them looking for mailing addresses (where they send the tax bill) different from the property address. This is time consuming and there may be a better way. It's free, though, and If I'm just doing 20 or 30 at a time, it doesn't take all THAT long.

Thanks for the info. Lydia. I'm in NC and will have to try my .gov site to see if I have access.

Good luck with your marketing and radio ads.

<Steve> ;)