The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
nck-mail

Taking a Break

As much as I want to get in on the CA Challenge, I'm gonna take a break through the rest of this week, and start in again next Monday. My FSBO/FRBO calling efforts are accomplishing nothing and I'm just burned out.

Maybe by not pushing so hard my brain will come up with something that might work better than what I'm doing. I've heard that your subconscious goes to work when you're relaxed and not thinking about what you're trying to accomplish.

You all can quote me on this: I'm *NOT* giving up or quitting; I'm just taking a break, until Monday (July 12th, to be speciic).

-Naomi

Naomi,

Maybe by not pushing so hard my brain will come up with something that might work better than what I'm doing. I've heard that your subconscious goes to work when you're relaxed and not thinking about what you're trying to accomplish.

You all can quote me on this: I'm *NOT* giving up or quitting; I'm just taking a break, until Monday (July 12th, to be speciic).

Good for you, and you're right. If you could all see how I actually work during any given day you probably wouldn't believe your eyes. I was on my front lawn with a glass of beer (heard a beer a day is good for your heart <_< ) and my digital camera by just before 5PM.

Planting the seeds is all that matters. Do your best, the rest will follow. When you start thinking that you're selling, you're screwed. This isn't a job, it's an adventure.

Sweet dreams,

Adam

The old saying applies: Amateurs convince, professionals sort.

You can't convince anyone to do something they don't want to (without a gun) and trying is a very frustrating and exhausting exercise. The only thing you can do is learn to speak their language and give them what they want.

It's so simple and yet our own egos and intelligence keeps getting in the way. We expect sellers to "see the light" and be as delighted with the prospect of making money as we are, so we start talking very excitedly in investor-speak, extolling the virtues of RTO. But sellers don't care about any of that, and what's more, they're intimidated by us. We aren't speaking their language!

With buyers it's easier to get to the place we need to be. Once you've talked to a few buyers you no longer care how any one of them responds because you know there are ten more of them waiting in line. You can relax, forget about selling, and get on with the more important business of choosing the best.

With sellers it's a different story for most of us. We're nervous, we start pushing (selling), and we end up being rejected by the ones we shouldn't even be talking to.

If we can just get out of our own way, we could all become facilitators like Adam.