The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

Explanation and Apology

Greetings, Everyone! I gather that most of you have noticed my absence from the board during the past two weeks or so. I wanted to update all of you who've been wondering where I am and why I've been MIA.

Some of you already know my once trusty PC took a dirt nap, which unexpectedly set me back in a big way. I'm happy to report that the new PC is now up and running, (Michael Dell is a wee bit wealthier today :D ), and I must say new PC's make great toys. This baby is loaded, although I don't enough to make use of all the bells and whistles yet. The real monkey wrench in all of this was spending almost two days being able to extract all of my files, data and documents off of the old hard drive. Finally did it, but it was like trying to get my mother in law to walk away from that last slice of pizza :P .... So, therein lies setbacks 1 and 1a.

Right on the heels of that episode was my having surgery yesterday. I am now a woman, and my screen name will be Michelle :lol::) .......... or I had shoulder surgery. You decide, and if you chose the latter you get my old PC as your full and just compensation for your wisdom.

Anyway, the shoulder surgery was necessary. I had impingement syndrome and a torn labrum. Got 'em both taken care of yesterday in one fell swope, and ultimately I'll be better off as a result. In the meantime, however, I am one sorry sap. Bandaged up, and feeling like I gave birth through my armpit. But, this too shall pass. It's a bit of an inconvenience needing to be bathed and undressed, but I deserve the pampering I figure. I'll let you know what Mrs. C. is thinking about all this in a few more days. How long before this ;) becomes this :) ??

Responding to posts right now is a slow and cumbersome chore. I'm at the twenty minute mark already with this, as I hunt and peck on the keyboard with one finger.

Anyway, gang, that's my present state of affairs and why I've been as rare as the dodo bird recently. I expect to be back soon, just like my old whippersnapper self.

In the meantime, the board seems to be managing itself just fine, and I want to thank everyone for being so vigilant during my absence. I appreciate everyone's contributions, and I am especially grateful for your understanding in this matter.

Later, all....... :P

Michael, YOU ARE AMAZING!

You answered my questions - even yesterday, I believe! And there you were having surgery!

Good Grief! :)

I was injured, both arms, both hands, both legs. I remember having to answer emails using the end of the braces etc. as if the entire arm was a "finger". I remember there was a spoon attached to the end of one brace, so I could feed myself. (Of course, getting the food out to where I could spoon it was another I Love Lucy show!) :)

I remember the added aches just from doing email.

Sorry you've been having so much trouble!

Don't worry about getting back to us; we need you, but we also care about you! :D

Get well fast!

Alice

We also wish you a speedy recovery from "this neck of the woods" MC.

Gary

PS: I've had several patients tell me that the physical therapy for "torn" shoulders (you're probably about 2 weeks off yet - depending on your surgeon) is far worse than the surgery! :D (Just thought I'd brighten up your day! :) :) )

You answered my questions - even yesterday, I believe! And there you were having surgery!
Alice, I was already out of surgery, and incoherent with drugs. Please disregard whatever I said :) .........
I've had several patients tell me that the physical therapy  for "torn" shoulders (you're probably about 2 weeks off yet - depending on your surgeon) is far worse than the surgery!  :D  (Just thought I'd brighten up your day!  :);)  )
Actually, Doc Gary, I'm scheduled for my first rehab session tomorrow! The good doc tells me that these days the thinking is sooner is better. So, tomorrow I'll be tossing logs or wrestling gators or some such nonsense.

Welcome to The Naked Investor! , Michelle.

While you're here, why don't you become a member, so you'll have more access as well as have some kinda groovy avatar and put smilie faces in your posts.

We have an excellent group of people, from all walks of life...from just starting to the old pro.

So, grab a cold one. Take you a seat and ask any questions you may have.

I'm sure someone will be glad to help.

Our fearless leader, Michael Carbonare (the creator of this site) has been out due to computer problems and some kinda surgery.

But, we're hoping to hear from the fella sometime soon.

;):D

have a speedy recovery... and Physical Therapy is hell... I know after both my knee surgeries i felt inconvienced, after PT, i felt pain and agony on whole new levels... nothing like breaking up scar tissue and working underused muscles to make ya feel worse.

Good news is, sooner you suffer the sooner you can get back to normal.

Best wishes,

Mike

We wish you a speedy recovery, Michael!

We'll do our best to hold down the fort for you. I know you will be reading the posts if not actually responding.

I know we don't say it enough, but we appreciate all you do for us --- hosting this board, giving generously of your time, wisdom and encouragement and showing all of us that all of this is possible. Thanks...

option8

MC,

I simply hope you recover... :)

Regards,

Adam

PS I have this really pathetic mental picture of you in a pink room typing on a pink keyboard attached to a pink MAC with a pink chop stick.....one.....button....at....a...time..... <_<

MC,

I have this really pathetic mental picture of you in a pink room typing on a pink keyboard attached to a pink MAC with a pink chop stick.....one.....button....at....a...time..... :)

Adam, knowing that you are picturing me, pretty in pink, is very unsettling. <_<

BTW, already had my first rehab session yesterday. Feeling much, much better than I would have suspected. Less swelling and less pain. Haven't needed one Vicodin. I figure I'll auction off my prescription on EBay for some change. :blink:

Welcome to The Naked Investor! , Michelle.

While you're here, why don't you become a member, so you'll have more access as well as have some kinda groovy avatar and put smilie faces in your posts.

:) ...opps I think I pee'd my pants... <_<

Vicodin is for the week Tylox's is better... get well soon :blink:

Speedy recovery Michael...Glad to hear things are going smoothly with your physical therapy!!!

Good Luck!!!

MC,

I figure I'll auction off my prescription on EBay for some change

Yeah, I've had to do that with REI courses.. :) Just kidding....

Adam, knowing that you are picturing me, pretty in pink, is very unsettling.

Hey, it's not like I pictured you in pink underwear sitting in the pink room...now that's disturbing... <_<

Glad you're doing better.

Regards,

Adam "Glad we're all clothed" King