The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
option8

The Marketing Message is getting out!

...that I never considered would happen!

I checked my 800 number this afternoon and there was a message from someone with whom I've never had a conversation.

Her message stated that she was interested in purchasing a home. She left her name, phone number and the ADDRESS of the property she would like to acquire.

I returned her call and left a message that I'd love to try to help her get her home.

I can't wait to speak with her and find out how she heard about me.

Can you say birddog? How about Cooperative Assignment?

Something is working well! There is something new in this business every day!

option8

Here's the story.

A tenant buyer I am working with told her sister about me and that sister in turn told this lady.

As it turns out, she is currently renting a home that the owner want to sell.

She thinks the property is worth 40K, landlord wants 25K to them. She really want to give him 20K. They currently pay $300 per month in rent.

Is there a deal her? Maybe, maybe not, but I have a few choices.

- Work a deal with him for 25K with extra rent toward rent credits

- Find an investor to offer him 18-20K to cash him out and sell it to them on terms.

She says it needs a roof and gutters.

Anyway, nothing ventured, nothing gained...I'll be with an investor this evening and I'll drive him past this property.

option8

Doug Pretorius (ON),

What does your answering message say? I seem to be getting calls but no one is leaving messages

The message doesn't say anything particular....If you are calling about a home, please leave a message with your name and phone number and the best time to call. Someone will contact you ASAP.

The point here is that the word is getting out about what I do and that via the word of mouth, the concept is spreading...

The non-message leaving folks get a call back anyway--- this is why I like 800 #s.

option8

Callers can't dial, decide they don't want or can't afford your property, hang up and get away that easy. I get their phone number every time. (You can't be billed for an 800# with out the phone number)

I then call every one of those numbers back. I've gotten a great list of investors this way. I interviewed them to determine what and where and how they like to buy. Now when I stumble on one of those deals with 30-50% discount...I have a place to send it.

I also have an 800 service that "follows me" and rings thru to my home or cell.

This is the number I give to my buyer and seller "clients" It looks like great customer service to get my personal 800# and that I'm making it easier for them to reach me, but frankly it is a way for me to draw a buffer around me and my communications devices. My phone was ringing incessantly and I could never turn it off. This system makes the caller identify themself and I decide if I'm taking it right now.

option8