The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
nck-mail

Still Batting 0%, but still swinging

Slowly I'm saving up some money to try some other marketing methods, but so far I'm just calling fsbo's and frbo's. And still just getting the regular responses:

1)Already sold/under contract (for fsbo's)

2)Don't want to sell in any way, shape, or form (for frbo's)

3)Have had too many offers to justify doing anything "creative" but just waiting for the "perfect" offer - just because the sellers can in this market

4)Phone # is disconnected

I haven't posted in a while, but I'm still working at real estate. I'm putting in writing some ideas I've got for marketing and will share in another post - see if you all on the forum can help or have tried & succeeding or tried & failed with same or similar ideas. They require a little money, which is why I haven't implemented them yet.

BTW: Michael, my husband is coming home from his 6-month long deployment on the 15th of August. So for the two weeks or so after that I will probably be doing little if anything real estate related while we get reacquainted and get used to living together again.

Never the less, I still have the goal to do at least one deal by the end of the year (even with Eric coming home and the new baby due in November). There's still a lot of time in between and after.

I have one question: Is it possible that there's something in my mind keeping deals from manifesting? I'm not into that mystical nonsense, but I'm beginning to open my mind more just because of the total lack of response/results. Surely something's gotta give.

Thanks everyone,

Naomi

Naomi,

Good for you for keeping it going. I have found a very powerful way for new investors to get a deal without the pressure of calling a FSBO.

Here it is:

Call a "We buy houses" sign. Once the investor picks up, tell them you're an investor and you are calling to see if they have any properties available. This should be the ONLY phone call you ever try "selling" on.

Tell the investor (Which in 9 out of 10 times is new to investing) what you do and see if they have any properties for sale. If they don't (Which is what you want), tell them you would be willing to give a referral fee for any deals they couldn't do that they pass along to you. Also tell them you would be more than willing to share your consulting knowledge to close a deal if they involve you. This is the fasted way of getting a CA that I can think of.

And for the record, think about what you can say to FSBOs that doesn't sound like "Selling". I think that is one of our biggest problems when we get on the phone. Just remember this, YOU ARE THE BUYER! NOT THE SELLER!

Hope that helps and hope your hubby gets home safely!

Regards,

Adam

BTW: Michael, my husband is coming home from his 6-month long deployment on the 15th of August. So for the two weeks or so after that I will probably be doing little if anything real estate related while we get reacquainted and get used to living together again.
OK, Naomi, I think I can read between the lines and understand what will be happening..... :rolleyes::unsure:
Never the less, I still have the goal to do at least one deal by the end of the year (even with Eric coming home and the new baby due in November). There's still a lot of time in between and after.
A very realistic goal, but only if you speak to enough homeowners.
I have one question: Is it possible that there's something in my mind keeping deals from manifesting?
Possible? Sure. But, not likely. Rather, I think it is just not speaking with homeowners on a consistent basis, and your lack of marketing.