The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mpine

Warnocks FSBO

Hey all,

I just signed up to Warnocks FSBO, figured I would give it a try.

Anyone using it here? And if you are using it, how are you importing the data into a database? I have been using Access and having nothing but trouble.

My specific issue is creating a mail merge from this so I can send out LPA letters. I am getting a lot of junk.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike:

I'm not using the service you named, but when I used to create and administer databases from the main frame into Access, the data always had to be cleaned before importing into Access, because of stupid Korporate ignorance.

Of course they should send clean data. However, if they don't, you still need the data, and you need help automating cleaning the data, I'll see what I can do to help.

But the best bet is of course to have them send clean data in the first place.

Alice

Not being familiar with Warnock's personally, I'd be interested to hear if anyone has used them myself, and what the word on the street is about 'em.

Guest John W. Collins

Hello everyone,

I new to the board and just thought I would chime in here.

mpine, I was curious to know how the Warnocks FSBO is working out for you. I signed up for their free 14 day trial and have been getting FSBO leads emailed to me for the last few days. I haven't called any of the leads as of yet, but it looks like it could prove to be a very big time saver.

How has the service worked for you???

Thanks,

John

Hey John,

Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I will have a good evaluation on it. I have opted to be a wuss and do 2 mailings to the prospective sellers before calling... I figure people are more comfortable talking with someone they perceive as an expert in the field.

This week I am going to pick up the phone and follow up with those people.

However while waiting for my marketing on Warnocks, I went around and sent emails to every FSBO in my market, and got a very hot response, lots of phone calls, 1 close deal but in the end no dice as of yet... you never know when someone will change there mind though.

So I will keep you upto date on how Warnocks works out after I follow up.

Best wishes,

Mike

:ph34r:

Wow, thanks for the link. I'm going to try it. For the past several weeks (I'm just getting started in this biz) I've been paying a gal $8.00 an hour to scour the internet and send this info to me. Usually it's about $24 bucks a week, which is no big deal. But Warnocks is cheaper, and I'm hoping it's more complete!

I'll report back here on how it goes!

James

Guest Guest

I have a friend who uses it - he's a realtor. Has gotten some good leads for himself. As investors, I think it may be worth a shot.

How is the data coming to you? i.e. notepad, excel, etc.?

It comes as a text deliminated file or as a Comma Seperated Value

Say Michael Pine from Naked Investor sent you and you get a free month.

Mike

How is the data coming to you? i.e. notepad, excel, etc.?

Great. Thanks man. I sure will. How are things going with that service so far?

Akin

Guest Deborah Shane
Hey all,

I just signed up to Warnocks FSBO, figured I would give it a try.

Anyone using it here? And if you are using it, how are you importing the data into a database? I have been using Access and having nothing but trouble.

My specific issue is creating a mail merge from this so I can send out LPA letters. I am getting a lot of junk.

Thanks,

Mike

Well I believe you should be using Excel. Do you have excel? Access is a difficlut program and I don't recomend it. Excel is what you should download to, then to the database. I have act and agent office. I got agent office free from fidelity title San Diego. Chrissy Cabral

I usually bring it into Outlook as well as save a copy for Access for my database front end.

Did ya tell em Michael Pine mike.pine@gmail.com sent ya?

Mike

:D