The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums

That's right folks calling ads really does work!

The seller just signed, the ad goes into the Pennysaver on Friday, and the signs go up today and tomorrow. Emails will be going out shortly to the 16 families I already have on file looking for a home to RTO. Open house is this Sunday 2-4pm.

Here are the details:

3 bed, 1.5 bath, 1 car garage, 6 year old townhouse, deck, playground right across the small quiet parking lot. Absolutely ready to move in with 5 new appliances and a nice, clean, neutral decor.

Option Price: $159,900

Option Money: $4,750 ($1,250 to the seller)

Payments: $1,250/mo (includes taxes, insurance and condo fees)

Credit: $300/mo

Term: 2 years

Comps are $155-$165k, plus some new townhouses of the same design one street over for $164,900.

From my previous experience I can predict that this will be a slamdunk in no more than 2 weeks. Heck, if I needed a place, I'd move into this one (although I would have negotiated a lower price and payments B))

I would like to thank:

* Michael "I like Canadian beavers & maple syrup" Carbonare -- For the best forum on the planet, your incredibly generous spirit (ehhm...free manual...cough), and twisted sense of humor.

* Adam "CA How-to for Dyslexic and Attention Deficit Investors" King -- For your friendship, support, encouragement, the occasional kick in the ass, and :angry: the deals we almost did together! <_<

* Pete "Cooperative Assignor Extraordinaire" aka puls1234, I don't know your last name! -- For all of your "this business is simple" posts, especially the one that made me reread Michael's manual and apply it this time! Keep it up, those posts WILL inspire others to get going, as they did for me.

And finally I'd like to thank: option8, -Tony-, Jason (AL), Gary (MO), grannyguru, Gene, mpine, <Steve>, Kimberly, Mr.B ... and everyone else I can't name off hand, for sharing your successes, experiences, frustrations and winning personalities here on the forum.

This CA is for the TEAM! That's YOU!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

If this can work in Canada it has to work anywhere!!!!!!

Now I/we cant wait to hear about all your other upcoming CA's.

Best success,

Mike

Way to Go Doug, I hear its all down hill from there. My paypal payment for Mikes course cleared today so maybe I will have it in my hands soon. I look forward to joining the ranks of the Successful Investors.

~Mr.B

GOOD JOB DOUG!!! <_< Keep us posted on the T/B progress...I think Pete's 30 minutes is the current record for finding a T/B (or did I dream that up?)

Gary

PS "...maple syrup"?

I have mixed feelings about all of this, Doug. Part of me is going to miss the Curmudgeon from the Yukon. <_< You know, the guy spewing negatives and bile in our lil' field of pansies, as he insisted not one homeowner north of the border would ever wheel and deal. B)

But, the other part is glowing a bit. B) Kind of like a proud parent at his kid's recital. I'm happy for you, but I'm happier still at what I think this means for everyone reading this. Those we know and those who lurk behind the scenes.

Inspiration! Yes, this stuff really does work where you live! As always, it comes down to applying the information and knowledge available to us all, and then acting upon it. Once you did that, Doug, well, we can all see the results.

Of course, before I buy a round of beaver and maple syrup margaritas for all members on board, just a reminder. You haven't cashed that check yet. Not to be a party pooper, but let's work hard and fast on securing the other half of the deal. Market, talk to prospects, get the name on the dotted line, cash check, send unmarked Canadian dollars to Carbonare. That's it! Deal done!

And don't forget to take a pic or two, and begin a portfolio book of deals done. It's instant credibility to be carrying around a binder of completed deals when you go visit an uncertain seller.

And one last thing, Doug......it is very generous and gracious of you to share your success with other board members. And I truly appreciate your kind words about this place here. It is the best damn board of its kind on the 'net, if I do say so myself! :angry: But that's just a proud papa talking, I guess. :P

Doug,

Holy cow man....cool stuff!

I feel a little torn for not being a part of this one, but proud! It looks as though our little challenge has some influence?

Congrats,

Adam

PS Get off your a$$ and get this thing sold! <_<

Thanks everybody! :angry:

Michael, damn, you're right! My reputation as the resident stalwart procrastinating contrarian is slipping away! Would you like me to post the occasional "This stuff doesn't work!" for old time sake? <_<

True the money isn't in the bank yet, but the hard part IS over, and I've got up to 4 weeks of heavy marketing (marketing for buyers has always been easy for me) ahead, which will probably sell not only this house but the next 10 as well. I'm looking ahead to those deals and realizing that the marketing I will do for this house will provide me with a mountain of T/Bs to carry me forward. I'll soon me calling sellers with the old agent line, slightly tweaked: "I have 47 tenant/buyers interested in your home!"

Thanks for the reminder. I'm taking pics tomorrow, and when this deal closes, I will get referral letters from both the seller and buyer. Then I'll move right into the next deal using my fresh success as additional leverage.

Adam, it all started with the challenge. If we hadn't come so close to doing that wholesale deal, I might not have taken the plunge with this. That proved there are motivated sellers here, and although I was disappointed about the way it turned out, you can bet that glimmer of hope was in my mind as I picked up the phone.

Get off your a$$ and get this thing sold!
LOL, I'm going! I'll finish the last few signs before I go to bed -_- B)

realizing that the marketing I will do for this house will provide me with a mountain of T/Bs to carry me forward. I'll soon me calling sellers with the old agent line, slightly tweaked: "I have 47 tenant/buyers interested in your home!"

Doug, you know who wins right? The T/B that comes up with the biggest down payment. <_<

I plan on answering the phone from my ads and asking each person how much they can put in as a down payment. Then have an open house so everyone can get into a feeding frenzy (if I have that many respondence) then find out who the high bidder is.

~Mr.B

YOU JUST GOT LUCKY.....Bet you can't do it again... :wub:B)

Michael, damn, you're right! My reputation as the resident stalwart procrastinating contrarian is slipping away! 

well, where is Jason anyway :unsure::D ....next thing you know he'll have a deal too

Tony, LOL! Oh yeah that's right, I forgot that this is the ONLY seller in the area who will take me up on my offer! :unsure:B):wub:However, I was lucky that I found this seller on just the 3rd call. I have to admit that had it been on the 50th or 100th, I might not have made it that far. But now it doesn't matter how many calls I have to make, or what kind of nasty responses I get, because I know they're out there.

BTW, while I was putting up signs 2 guys approached me (at different times) and asked exactly the same thing:

"Where is it? How much down?"

I put the directionals (7) up about 4 hours ago and I've had 7 calls already. 17 emails went out to my buyer's list. And the Pennysaver ad usually draws 15-30 calls, plus web hits.

Should be an interesting open house :D