The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

CAs without comps

Doug,

Don't forget your line of questioning to the seller should include things like, "How much are you asking for your property, Mr. Seller?"

......and then.....

"OK, and how did you come up with that figure, sir?"

He may just tell you what you are looking to hear ! "I Got it from a Realtor who did the comps for me" or told him that's what other homes like his have sold for in the area. He could also say that's what it's "assessed" for (which means a gold mine for you), or he might say that it was appraised for that much......and that involves comps.

Don't be a sucker and take EVERYTHING at face value, obviously, but if you know your market, you'll be able to tell if he's full of you-know-what or not. Asking the seller how he got his asking price is the best detective work you can do.....IMHO.

Sounds like you need a Realtor girlfriend.

Actually, girlfriend isn't really necessary.. become friends with a receptionist. They appreciate the finders fees since they normally do not get commissions.

I have befriended a local receptionist, she is still leaning the comp game, but at least she is willing to email me similar sold listings... in a few months i will have her pulling comps better then a realtor. and to her.. an extra $500 means something.

Mike

Guest Guest
Actually, girlfriend isn't really necessary.. become friends with a receptionist......

I have befriended a local receptionist........

Sounds like you're working this one backwards, eh Mike? :lol:

...and to her.. an extra $500 means something.

Careful, Mike.

First it's $500, then she'll be takin' your whole paycheck. :lol:

Let us know when the wedding will be. :lol::lol:

Wells Fargo

Here is a comp link from -Tony-. Not sure if it will list properties in (ON) though.

And the receptionist angle may not be a bad way to go either. :lol:

<S>

Hi Doug,

Try using a site called HomeRadar.com It will give comps in any area

and it's free.Everyone should try it and see what you think.Thanks and Have a

Good day.

Doug,

I had the same problem, I cruised around on Fargo web page and found that one. You might try the same thing for lenders in your area.... :lol: