The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mpine

Email Amazement!

I emailed the web site www.infotube.com

Too bad about the Yankees (Red Sox fan here), but the www.infotube.com website is a website design firm in Chicago. I didn't dive into it, but you say thay have FSBO listings? :lol:

Just want to point out something really fast here about the email replies we get...

While some of these replies are really homeowners wanting more information, I have found out that a good number of them are investors just like most of us and when they read the email about how we can help with their properties they get intrigued of course and start asking for information for us to send them and pretend to be homeowners (when they really have the porperties under contract only).. therefore, they will ask for a lot of information.. I can already tell an investors from the real homeowners now, homeowners don't really want to know the technical part of it... the investors do! So be careful :ph34r:

BTW: I advertise my properties online on these places you send emails to... (most of them are free) I get emails from investors too!

Thank you Mpine. Last night while watching the Yankess Lose  , I emailed 24

FSBO's........I have received 3 emails back with homeowners wanting more information. I emailed the web site www.infotube.com

SO.....what did the FSBO's think about the yankees losing :lol::lol:

I've noticed that the next challenge with the email replies is to determine their motivation. The ones I've talked to are simply "fishing" for potential buyers. One guy had a $749k lake house in KC. Ultimately he's "not in any hurry and if I sell it I plan on traveling for 6 months to a year..."

Guest Guest

Hey Mike..what type of letter or intro are you using when you email these FSBO's?

Thanks,

Akin

Just wanted to say that I sent out 15 emails to FSBO and received about 7 responses. 2 were not in too much of a hurry to sell. It didnt matter to them either way. Thats good I think though because they didnt shoot the idea down. 3 have sold their home already, and 2 said that they were not interested in selling on a lease purchase. I can say that with these #'s and playing the game, I think this could really be a decent strategy to focus on.

Akin

If you look at it from the standpoint that it's a numbers game then it doesn't really matter HOW you contact sellers as much as the fact that you CONSISTANTLY DO contact the sellers.

If it takes 100 seller contacts to get 1 lead, then you are 15 closer to your deal! (If it takes 500 seller contacts - you are still 15 closer to your deal...) The point? You are NEVER going to catch a fish without first going fishing... How many casts before that first bite? Who knows? Does it really matter though?

Happy casting Akin!

Gary