The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Caveman

IT WON'T SELL...WHAT'S WRONG??

I've been trying to sell L/O for the last three weeks and have only received about 10 calls on my ad in the major local newspaper. The house is only 5 years old, but it is a bit unusual in that it's built off the ground about 15 feet on concrete piles. It sits next to a creek on one acre in a nice subdivision. Here's how the ad reads:

Sell 179k. Apprsd 190K. EZ lease-to-own. 4/2.5 on creekside wooded acre.

Any suggestions on how to improve the response and generate more interest in this house.

Please HELP!

I've been trying to sell L/O for the last three weeks and have only received about 10 calls on my ad in the major local newspaper.   The house is only 5 years old, but it is a bit unusual in that it's built off the ground about 15 feet on concrete piles.  It sits next to a creek on one acre in a nice subdivision.  Here's how the ad reads:

Sell 179k.  Apprsd 190K.  EZ lease-to-own.  4/2.5 on creekside wooded acre.

Any suggestions on how to improve the response and generate more interest in this house.

Please HELP!

4bed/2.5ba Dream Home

Rent to Own, no bank qualifying

$179,000 Must move, relocating

I agree with Mike, the ad has too much information.

Just put a simple ad in the paper to get them to call. Also, I wouldn't show too much motivation, that NEVER works for me.

If you feel you must put something in the ad to get the phone ringing, I advocate puting the typical; terms, no bank qualify, rent to own etc.

Hope that helps,

Adam

4bed/2.5ba Dream Home

Rent to Own, no bank qualifying

$179,000  Must move, relocating

If you say "Must move, relocating" maybe you want to use the appraisal price($190,000.00).

This will give you bargaining power.

Dean :lol:

Hi, caveman, and welcome to The Naked Investor!

A few questions and comments. First, what is your local real estate market like? Hot, cold, Buyers market, Sellers market, etc?

Next, are the terms you're asking within market acceptance?

What has been the feedback from those ten calls that you have already received?

Are you offering any rent credit to the tenant/buyer? I always do, and advocate that everyone does.

My ad might read along these lines:

Rent to Own! 50% rent credit!

4/2.5/2, 2000sf. $1500/mo

Appraised at $190K

Relocating, must sell!

123-456-7890

Obviously, change the specific numbers to your deal, but that's how I would advertise the property. I think raising the price to the appraisal, and offering a generous rent credit in exchange will do the trick. Your bottom line will be the same, and t/b's will seize on those RC's.

Caveman:

Newspaper advertising is only one avenue. I have personally, in my very short career, had better results with flyers and hand made signs. I am not suggesting that you give up on the local paper. However, if you want to move the house fast, you must use several means of advertising.

Rent To Own

50% rent credit

$0,000.00/mo

4 bed - 2.5 bath - 2 car

(xxx) xxx-xxxx

Gene

I agree.

Rent-To-Own Signs and directional signs are my "Primary" means to advertising a L/O property, because they generate the most calls. You get alot of what I call "Looky Loos" calling just being curious, but you get alot of folks interested in L/O your property also. In-addition, the majority of people will have already driven by the house to take a look before calling.

<S>

In-addition, the majority of people will have already driven by the house to take a look before calling.

Or they'll be calling from the driveway of the house!

I say use the stilts as a selling point,

Waterfront property (sometimes)

RTO 50% no banks

e.z qual

blah blah blah