The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

Where Will You Be In 2 Yrs From Now?

I read a post about 4 months ago online that I'm sure a lot of you have read too and ever since then things have not been the same for me, this post had so much of an enormous impact on me that because of it I'm now in a way better situation financially than I was back then before I read it ... for those of you who missed such inspirational post, I'm pasting it here below just to share as an early Christmas gift and for those who've read it already, then is just a reminder :P (I read it every day)

------- Post -------

Today I celebrated the 5th year anniversary of the purchase of my first investment property and the 4th year anniversary of my 1st day as a full time investor.

Four full years without having to depend on someone else for a living. Four years of not having to punch a timeclock or set an alarm clock. What a ride it has been!

Yes, I remember how scared I was leaving the safe, secure career I had been employed with for almost 20 years. I remember checking the job classifieds occasionally to see what was out there "just in case."

Before too long I was wondering how I had ever endured the years of long hours, low pay and corporate brain washing. In fact I was just talking to a friend a couple of weeks ago about how totally unemployable I would be now. I cannot imagine being able to hold a job now. It would just be too depressing.

To those of you that share the freedom real estate provides, I congratulate you. We are truly blessed. Having the weight of worrying about your future and security lifted from your shoulders is a feeling that you cannot describe to anyone else. You just have to feel it to understand.

To those of you that still have to endure the torture of the daily grind, I encourage you. Take that chance, kill that fear, step out on faith. All of us enjoying freedom now were once where you are today. Ask any of us if we would go back, I can't imagine that any of us would.

What are you waiting for? To have enough money to invest? Enough time to invest? Enough knowledge to invest? There will never be enough of any of these things. There will always be more to learn, I still buy courses and books to this day.

Where will you be in 1 year? 5 years? 10 years? More secure and able to provide better for yourself and your family or just older and more tired?

Do something, anything other than wait. Time will go on whether you are wealthy or poor.

I have been both and let me tell you, wealthy is better.

-------------------- end of post -----------------