The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Golflover

Business Cards

If i planned on doing both L/P and finding investors to help with down payments and/or just buying outright, should i put on my business cards "specializing in lease purchases"? or should i leave that off to attract a bigger percentage of the crowd thats going to see it? so when i leave it on the table after eating dinner at a resturant and other places of advertising when i give my card away. thanks.

Dude,

I would put "Consultant" on my card and something else to get people's interest in calling me.

Just my two cents,

Adam

PS I have two cards. One says something about win/win yadda yadda consultant and the other talks about specializing in passive income.

Adam,

I realize that consultant is generic and can be used for alot of different things, but isnt it a little too generic? I have "property solutions" in my business name, but consultant sounds to me like a person with less hands on, almost like a "you pay me and i'll tell you what to do" kind of situation.

I know its working well for you, and i may have to go the same route because everything else i've tried isnt working lately. I'm just trying to cover all of my bases. I want to wear all of the hats of RE investing, but you can only put so much on a card to get their curiosity aroused.

Golflover,

I realize that consultant is generic and can be used for alot of different things, but isnt it a little too generic? I have "property solutions" in my business name, but consultant sounds to me like a person with less hands on, almost like a "you pay me and i'll tell you what to do" kind of situation.

Hitting this one a little late here, but I thought I would answer your question.

I use consultant because that's what I am. I am NOT an investor full time. I only occasionally invest (Make my money work for me). I am a self employed consultant in control of a job. I own a business, but I am not a true business owner that could walk away from it for several months and have it still run.

I use the word consultant to allow people to understand right off the bat that I am not the final say. It takes a lot of pressure off me while giving me the edge to control negotiations in a sympathetic format. We all fall short when we think we are the head cheese. And yes, I am successful at what I do and it shows through my experience, but I would rather have everyone else think that I have a place and that place can help them with their goals.

And for the record, I have two companies. One says "Investments, LLC" and the other says "Property Solutions".

And just to put this to bed a little further, my card says "consultant", but when I call FSBOs, I tell them that I'm a consultant/investor that occasionally invests in their own properties.

Regards,

Adam

Adam,

That makes sense when you think about it. If you put "owner" or something like that on it, you have no where to go when you have to say that you need to check with your "partner". It works for me, im all about listening and learning, you da man Adam.