The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

Leasing A 4 Letter Word

Okay, I have done a good amount of calling FSBO's, cold calls and offers but when property owners hear that word Leasing it really freaks them out. It turns them off quickly.

I tell her the homeowner with my hands "MARCY, LOSSEN UP I AM LEARNING TO MAKE A HELLOFA LASAGNE" Trust me dear!

What suggestions or lines can I use to help ease their pains and make them feel very comfortable with this part of the selling process while on the phone.

I am working another waterview property deal, a good price, and she is motivated

but I cannot blow it.

The homeowner would rather take less on a Straight Option but is considering the CA. READ MY LIPS...MARCY

Short offer is going out Wednesday.

Craig,

Sometimes "rent to own" is less scary to the homeowner.

Sometimes it's in your presentation -- your belief in CA deals, and how you're coming across when you talk to the homeowner.

When I have a homeowner express fear and anxiety over the "lease" word, I take a sympathetic turn. I agree wholeheartedly that leasing and tenants are the pits. "That's why, MarcyBabe, I don't lease to tenants anymore. That's why, MarcyHon, I specialize in lease purchasing and tenant/buyers!" Then, I wil go on to recite the lease purchase advantages and all the reasons why t/b's are superior to tenants, and listen for the response. If their fear is rational and legitimate, this will often answer their questions and concerns. If they are just trying to blow you off, it doesn't much matter what you say. Accept it and move on.

When I have a homeowner express fear and anxiety over the "lease" word, I take a sympathetic turn.  I agree wholeheartedly that leasing and tenants are the pits.  "That's why, MarcyBabe, I don't lease to tenants anymore.  That's why, MarcyHon, I specialize in lease purchasing and tenant/buyers!"  Then, I wil go on to recite the lease purchase advantages and all the reasons why t/b's are superior to tenants, and listen for the response.  If their fear is rational and legitimate, this will often answer their questions and concerns.  If they are just trying to blow you off, it doesn't much matter what you say.  Accept it and move on.

Michael, Marcy, isn't to bad. Most people are very concerned about using the equity for another purchase. And it puts thorns in the Lease Purchase Advantage. It will work I am determined.

Kim, suggested I read "GET CLIENTS NOW" It brings many things to lite.

I sent "Marcy Hun" her offer to a CA. Think its really fair. I would say I got a good shot at this one. Also, got to fill the pipe line again.

Thanks Michael

Craig, I'm sure she is alright. I was just being a funnyman who, apparently, wasn't too funny. :unsure: Tough crowd, tough crowd...

It's a legitimate concern for a homeowner, particularly one who has no experience being a "landlord". And I address the issue as I stated above: emphasizing the differences between tenants and tenant/buyers.

I tell her the homeowner with my hands "MARCY, LOSSEN UP I AM LEARNING TO MAKE A HELLOFA LASAGNE"  Trust me dear!

Actually I got a really good laugh at your response. But I had a funny smile when first posted.

CA = Cooperative Assignment

You set up a Lease Option (LO) to start 2-3 months in the future. Then you market for a tenant/buyer (t/:(. When you find your t/b, you assign your position to the t/b. The deal is now between the seller and your t/b, you are out of it. Your assignment fee is the t/bs Option Consideration which applies in full toward the purchase price of the property.

Use the "Search" feature and do a search for "Cooperative Assignments."

If you want to get going quickly, I'd recommend that you purchase Michael's manual which has all the forms you'll need and explains everything clearly.

I also usually recommend that you read through all the old posts in the "Lease Purchasing" and "Marketing" forums. Lots of information there.