The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
JerseyJeff

To "LLC" or not to "LLC"...

Hello JJ

About two weeks ago, I got my LLC packet from WA State. The formality is similar to your State.

It was very easy to do and whatever you do, dont use a lawyer and save the money!!

For WA State, all I did was:

1) Download the form (1 page) from the internet and filled it out. Just my name, address and phone number in 3 different places - for me(person to contact) /for registered agent - also me, and for each person executing this certificate - also me.

2) I mailed it with a money order for $175 (WA State LLC fees)

3) Waited for about 2 weeks.

That's it. Now I'm set up. Yes. I have to do an annual report (due July 3rd in my case) of which they notified me and sent me the form. Bill Bronchick in his course on LLC's states that if you are a single member LLC, you can just talk to yourself and fill out the annual report as your doing so. It's pretty simple.

Personally, I set up the LLC before my first deal. I sleep very well at night knowing I have some kind of protection.

Hope this helps you out some. Good luck.

Sincerely,

Andrew