The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
-Tony-

Pic's Of My New House

Hey, just thought I would give you guys a before shot. Yes, that is a hole in the kitchen wall. In the bath, as well. But, in the bath they put shelf paper, (black marble), up for wall paper to cover it. The third pic is the laundry/mud room, fourth is the back addition, and lastly is all the insulation we had in the walls. Oh wait, if you pump iron you don't need heat.....(they left me the weights). In a couple of weeks I will post the after pics.

This is a decent area. I didn't want a huge mtg. I like to live below my means. The deal was a 5 yr l/o, but we plan to assume the 5% VA loan.

How do I make the images smaller? This is the default.

post-52-1112228729.jpg

post-52-1112228801.jpg

post-52-1112229099.jpg

post-52-1112229148.jpg

post-52-1112229268.jpg

In a couple of weeks I will post the after pics.
Of your new bod after hitting the weights, or of the rehab project? :wacko:

The deal is a definite winner. I'll take control of a property on a 5 year lease option every time. Throw in the availablity of an assumable VA loan at 5% and you've got a winning combo! Looking forward to the after pics.

How do I make the images smaller? This is the default.
As for the attachments, you need to chop 'em down to size before you add them to your post. You'll need a photo editing program of some kind. Don't worry. If you don't have one, add your pics and I'll run 'em through PhotoShop and make them a more manageable size.

No it was big when I posted it (1.5 screens), but when I went back it was ok

If anyone was curious as to what a fixer actually looks like, now they know! Can't wait to see the "after" pictures.

Hey Tony,

I don't think you need to touch the bathroom! Its perfect just the way it is. I also think the scale is in the perfect spot. No need to move it. :wacko::lol:

Best of luck with the rehab. Looks like you'll be busy for a while.

Alan

It is 95% finished,

Here is the story. In September we hired a contactor to do the work (I gutted it myself). Come to find out the contractor never got any permits, because he took so long city caught wind of it and bammm a stop work order is up there goes 20 days. All the sub contractors got in there and did their job but the actual contractor just farted around. We added a new (up to code) roof over the back addition and I had to go over there and help put it up to make sure it got done. Well January came and nothing else had been done. So, we fired him we agreed that what he had been paid was all he got. Now, we are finishing it ourselves, with the help of our friends/partner.

We paid part up front and the rest 2 weeks from completion. In January he wanted more $$$ and stated in no way is this breach of contract. After telling him that every email he sent me and every one I sent him went to my attorney (and I told him yes my attorney said you are in breach), he agreed to settle even Steven. Which at the time I thought was fare? I did a little checking around and we got a great deal actually. See before the stop work order went up the subs got all the insulation in and most of the sheet rock up. We just had to finish it....and replace what the city tore down.

Where we are now, what is Done?

finished walls, paint, tile in both baths and laundry, new kitchen cab, marble tile counter, plumbing and electric up to code (original sub), new roof whole hose and garage, siding on addition, trim around windows and base boards, new bath room cabinets, kitchen appliances (side by side fridge, stainless dishwasher and gas counter top stove, black/stainless electric double oven and new black kitchen sink with brushed metal/pewter faucet to accent the 11 brushed metal lights in the kitchen)

I am still amazed the progress we got in the last 2 month compared to the 4 month the contractor had. This house is over done for the hood but it will be ours. To assume a 5% loan, that will work. Now if the bank will wave the assumption fee, after seeing the before and after picks. Hey you never know till you ask.

Like today I had to get some work done on my van they wanted so much I said I was willing to pay this much (my wife thought I was crazy) and we met in the middle to save me $230.

Everything I do now-a-days revolves around rei knowledge I never pay full price for anything that is negotiable and you never know what is till you ask.

Just to preach a little I did this, swapped balances with 0% intro cards (I paid 0% for 18 month till the debit was paid 1 was for 12 month the other was for 6) you can also start by calling your credit card companys and if you have paid on time the last 3-6 month, ask them to reduce your interest rate.

less then a week and I can leave the house, will I make it?

Just a quick update...

...Well, thats it for now. Carpet guy comes tomorrow.

post-1-1113267196.jpg

post-1-1113267405.jpg

post-1-1113267441.jpg

post-1-1113267450.jpg

post-1-1113267462.jpg

post-1-1113267484.jpg

post-1-1113267518.jpg

post-1-1113267532.jpg

post-1-1113267550.jpg

Excuse the dirt. It's still a construction zone, (Don't worry. No carpet is in yet...).

Quite a dramatic change, Tony. Lookin' real fine! Listen, when you're done could you head down my way? I want to redo my garage...

you have seen the show "Garage Takeovers" good call them...lol