The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
bartendjoe

Potential First Deal

Thanks Kimberly. I think that the info is not very accessible or my realtor contacts are lazy. Maybe time to try a new realton!

Krusty, I suggest you contact fellow board member Doug Pretorius. He's up your way and may have a specific source of info for you.

Joe, remember that giving terms gets price. So you can always expect your t/b to pay top of the market prices.....within reason, of course. I mean, no one is going to give you $250K for a house worth $175K. But I'll bet you'll have little difficulty getting $189K to $195K for that same property with terms.

Err on the high side. You can always come down if need be.

Guest Steve

Krusty,

Check out this Royal Lepage link, it posts appreciation rates for all Canadian cities and their suburbs by category of dwelling.

Royal lepage

Steve

Steve...you are the Man! I thought I was a google king, but try for the life of me and I could not find this info on the net.

Thanks very, very much.

Russ

Steve...you are the Man!  I thought I was a google king, but try for the life of me and I could not find this info on the net.

Thanks very, very much.

Russ

:DGoogle King. I like it! Hmmm...sounds like someone may have earned a custom member title.... ;)

A while back someone posted a site with the appreciation rate by state.  While that gives you a general idea, appreciation may vary widely from one area to another even within a single state.

I have been looking for that thread. Does anybody remember where it is?

:D

Thanks, ;)