The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest realestateprofit

opinions please...

Guest realestateprofit

Hi all,

I've been receiving a lot of leads from motivated sellers. Here is one that I am currently working with:

SFR 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath 3400 square two story. Good condition. Nice neighborhood. Owner owes 116k balance and house is valued between 140-148K. I don't think she'd be willing to do a L/O...at least not yet. Here's what I am thinking of doing.

I offer her a cash price of 122k. With the house in my possesion I then proceed to L/O to a t/b.

122k purchase price

140-148 FMV

= 18 to 26k in equity (this part I like b/c I can use the money for other investments)

Has anyone done this before and if not do you think this would be a legitimate way to L/O? Any problems tha tyou can think of?

Thanks in advance!

Vic

Hello, Vic. Based on the limited info you presented it appears the numbers work. It isn't a great deal, but if you're assessment is accurate you would have an immediate equity position in the $20K range.

You could then turn and market the property as a lease option as you described, probably in the low $150's if you are offering it with terms.

I just have 1 question. You say that you will offer he 122 cash and then possibly put a T/B in the property. If you have 122K cash why would you want to tie all of that money up in 1 property? Maybe I am missing something and am confused, if not it would seem that all that cash could bring you better opportunities. Good luck with what you do.

Jim Schultz

chitown83,

Cash dosen't mean his cash it may be i.e. a mortgage ccompany

Tony