The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Steve

Voice Message

Yesterday I put up about 15 bandit signs in the area of my RTO house, and flyers in all the bus shelters. By the time I got home I already had 4 messages, I know have 10 messages, and have had 23 people call me in 24hours. I put an ad in the paper, but so far I think the majority of calls are from the signs. Currently I just have a regular voice message that's not geared towards REI, but I think that needs to change so tire kickers aren't leaving me messages, and people who really are interested aren't hanging up when the machine answers. Does anybody have a good voice mail script I can use to screen these callers? When I call them back, how would I prequalify them as well?

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

One thing I have learned is to ALWAYS screen people with your messages or ads. I just spent $149.00 for an ad that runs until tomorrow and I have had NO calls. Am I upset about it? Well, sure but not too upset. It's because I know that I didn't waste a second on people that couldn't afford $1,700.00 a month. I had done well over 100 deals and I just can't bare to think of all the time I have wasted talking to people that were BS'ing me to death.

Dialogue:

We would like to see the house.

Okay, let me ask you some questions first.

Well, okay but we would like to see the house first, we like it and can afford it.

BULL#$%T!!!!!!!!!!!

I drive ALL THE WAY there just to have them say they're on section 8 or can in no way EVER be able to qualify for a loan. Remember the 3 bankruptcies post? :blush:

Time is your greatest asset. The messages I use say something like;

This message is about the house located at.....

It is a 3 bedroom 2 bath blah blah blah garage etc....

The terms are rent to own and we are asking for $1,000.00 a month and offer special price reduction incentives. We would like to see 2 to 5% down. We have special payment plans utilizing your 401K etc if you cannot produce the full down payment up front. (Which opens the doors to money they didn't know they had)

If you are interested, the property is located at 123 4th street blah blah blah. Please take a drive by and call us back if you would like more information at (My real number where I answer the phone).

That way is screens people without the headache of as you said, tire kickers.

I still think my biggest mistake in this business is not utilizing the web. I would love to be marketing the crap out of a web site that shows all of the properties I hold.

I'll come around....

Adam

Adam, a website is sooo easy and you can say so much for so little! I don't really care much for using the phone anymore, it's a huge pain in the ass to setup when you have more than 1 property on the go. I'm seriously thinking about not using a phone number for buyers at all anymore.

Steve,

If you go to my website you can hit apply now button and you will see what people fill in on my site. Now when they call the 800# the operator asks them the same questions.

Yesterday I put up about 15 bandit signs in the area of my RTO house, and flyers in all the bus shelters.  By the time I got home I already had 4 messages, I know have 10 messages, and have had 23 people call me in 24hours.  I put an ad in the paper, but so far I think the majority of calls are from the signs.  Currently I just have a regular voice message that's not geared towards REI, but I think that needs to change so tire kickers aren't leaving me messages, and people who really are interested aren't hanging up when the machine answers.  Does anybody have a good voice mail script I can use to screen these callers?  When I call them back, how would I prequalify them as well?

Thanks

Steve

I still think my biggest mistake in this business is not utilizing the web.  I would love to be marketing the crap out of a web site that shows all of the properties I hold.

I'll come around....

Adam

Hey Adam,

Your always welcome to post your house for free on my FSBO site. it gets real nice traffic and you can have all leads directed directly to you.

Mike

:blush:

Hey Doug (or anyone else),

How many bone$ would it set a brotha back for one of

dem dar websites?

I've been looking into them.

From the various sites I've visited, I'd design the site myself.

Just wondering who everyone else is using and what they're doing.

However, I'll only use it for sellers.

I don't wanna get my buy and sell business on

the same site together.

Besides, selling is easy. :blush:

Thanks for any feedback.

Hey Jason,

My selling site is $20/mo and I had it designed for me. It is still a work in progress but is performing quite well.

My buyer site I also designed myself and that one is $25/mo though I am planning on moving the site someplace else and changing it a great deal as I am working a lot more with auctions and cash lately. I will still keep Lease Options on them but plan to de-emphasize them...

Ofcourse if you want a lot of free exposure your welcome to create an account and use my FSBO site.

Mike

:blush:

Hey Adam,

Your always welcome to post your house for free on my FSBO site. it gets real nice traffic and you can have all leads directed directly to you.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the offer. :lol:

I actually used to have a site, but made it so complicated (Investors, sellers, owners, buyers, car wax, plant food etc) that I just couldn't figure out how to market it. That was in the beginning. Decided it wasn't enough to keep up because I didn't know what the heck I was doing and didn't have any properties to put on it anyway. So I let her go. :blush:

How many bone$ would it set a brotha back for one of

dem dar websites?

$450.00 seems to be about the average. That will give you a 4 page site from spud software. They will host it and maintain it for $20 a month as Mike says.

Regards,

Adam

Mine is about $7/mo and I can have multiple domains pointing to different pages, so you could set up separate buyer and seller sites without paying more (except for the domain name obviously).

I'm thinking about ditching my seller stuff altogether, it doesn't seem to attract sellers at all no matter what I say or offer.

But the site works great for showcasing houses, taking applications, etc.

Mine is about $7/mo and I can have multiple domains pointing to different pages, so you could set up separate buyer and seller sites without paying more (except for the domain name obviously).

I'm thinking about ditching my seller stuff altogether, it doesn't seem to attract sellers at all no matter what I say or offer.

But the site works great for showcasing houses, taking applications, etc.

I notice that you offer "24 hour open house". How exactly does that work?

Yesterday I put up about 15 bandit signs in the area of my RTO house, and flyers in all the bus shelters.  By the time I got home I already had 4 messages, I know have 10 messages, and have had 23 people call me in 24hours.  I put an ad in the paper, but so far I think the majority of calls are from the signs.  Currently I just have a regular voice message that's not geared towards REI, but I think that needs to change so tire kickers aren't leaving me messages, and people who really are interested aren't hanging up when the machine answers.  Does anybody have a good voice mail script I can use to screen these callers?  When I call them back, how would I prequalify them as well?

Thanks

Steve

I'm assuming you mean bandit signs and flyers to sell the RTO house. May I ask what they say? Thanks.

Amy,

Yes I Put up Bandit signs at all the major intersections in the area and the highway off ramps. The flyers were put in bus shelters, and are colour photos of the house with a description of it and the terms. I also added a $200 reward for anyone who can bring me a buyer as well. At least this way if they're not interested in the house for themselves, they may know somebody who is, and this cash may motivate them to bring me a buyer.

My Bandit signs are simple

Rent To Own!

905-593-0251

www.sdkproperties.com

At least this way when the house is sold, I can take the signs down and keep them for my next RTO as well. The signs are also hand written, and I don't have the neatest writing, but that doesn't seem to bother people

I added a voice message about the house so I don't have to call back every Tom, Dick, and Harry who think they're interested but want to check with their pastor before getting back to me.

Steve

So I've got a couple of people who've seen the house coming by tomorrow night and are interested. In the meantime, everyone who expresses interest from now till tomorrow I'm telling them to come by. Sure they may be tire kickers, but I'm going to be there anyway showing the interested people the house, and the more people that are there the quciker my real buyers will be forced to act.

That is absolutely true. Nothing like a little competition to get them to meet you at the bank and transfer their down payment into your account :wacko: