The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Frank (OH)

Ca's And Builders

Is anyone marketing CA's to builders? I have a shitload of new developments going up in my area and would like to target these folks.

Who do I contact within the builders organization?

How do I present a CA to them to show how I could help?

Anyone with experience in this arena who would like to share their successes or tips and tricks would be of big help to us all.

Thank you,

Frank

Hi Frank

I suggest that you read Bev's diary posts she works with builders all the time evrytime I read it I learn something new.

I have read most of Bev's posts and they are VERY informative. She is having great success and I wish her more of the same. But she quotes->

"I'll be very honest with you Alan, few months ago I focused on calling FRBO ONLY, I got 2 YES and those 2 were the ONLY clients I ever got on my own, then these 2 clients since then have been sending me referrals for months even out of State referrals as you can see (NY). From what all my referrals are telling me is that my past clients speak highly of my services, it really makes me feel very good about that because my good services are turning into MORE clients!

All my referrals don't even think twice about signing the agreements and this last one I signed via webcam/webphone was the easiest and most cooperative one I have ever had... it gets easier and easier every time."

Most of her clients are referrals from what I have read. If I'm wrong about that then I apologize.

I'm looking for some nuts and bolts here. Just something of a foundation to start with, then I'll do the rest myself.

Frank

Frank, I don't know the title of the person you need to speak with, but go as high up the ladder as you can. You want the decision maker, not some coffee maker. Make some phone calls and start rummaging around. Be persistent. You'll eventually talk with someone who can make a difference.
How do I present a CA to them to show how I could help?
The same way you would present it to an individual homeowner. "What's in this for me?", is the mindset of the person you'll be talking to. Emphasize all the advantages of this type of deal. And as you know, the bottom line is always, well, the bottom line. In other words, what are the financial benefits to the owner or builder?

Frank (OH),

A builders association is like any corporation. I prefer the top down approach. Write a letter to the chairman or president of the board of directors (BOD).

If you want an impact on the BOD to take action to contact you, have your accountant write a letter on your behalf. This shows that you are important and your accountant is asking the BOD to take notice. BODs sit on a pedestal waiting for adoration. You have to set them up correctly so they see you on an equal footing.

Your letter will be opened by the most important person in that organization, the secretary to the chairman or president. He or she can direct your letter to the appropriate office, give you a call, or set up an appointment for you to do a presentation.

You must be comfortable doing a financial presentation because you may have to present it to the entire board. If you believe in yourself and what you can do, you should have no fear.

Daniel Ng, JD/LL.B (Honours)

How do I find Bev's diary posts?? I would love to read her posts as I am going to do this myself. I was lucky here as builder have to be registered. I done a search on goverment sites and came across the builders registeration board and hey presto their it was. All their names and addresses. couldnt believe my luck. Now I want to read Bevs posts and then go for it.