The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Steve

Cha Ching!

Remember a while back I signed my first CA, well, I finally closed that one tonight!

I never thought it would take me that long, but the house I had was in pretty bad shape. I would guess it needs 15-20k worth of work to bring it up to par. I had so many calls after putting up my bandit signs, but nobody wanted to tackle the work. I had a few low ball offers from rehabbers, but nothing realistic. The owner was in a bit of a pickle because she overpaid for this house, and didn't do her diligence (no appraisal or home inspection done, and paid full asking price where people routinely get 5-10% below asking in this area :glare: ). If she were to sell to a realtor she would probably lose 20k, and I couldn't get the price low enough for an SLO (nor was I going to do work either) so a CA was a perfect fit.

Anyway, I originally told her I would cancel the agreement if I hadn't found somebody in a month, but she told me to keep looking after the month was up. I put out more bandit signs, but still nobody. I then told her I was canceling the agreement after all my signs get taken down. She decided to advertise in the For Rent section, and found somebody who was interested in renting, and then told her about the RTO, and she was interested. I called her up and explained the nuts and bolts to her. She didn't care what the place looked like because she was currently in a 1 bedroom basement apt. with 4 kids. Unfortunately all she could come up with was $2000, but if that's all I would get, it's better than nothing.

I'll be putting her in touch with a mortgage broker so she can get everything in order. I guess it's one of those win-win-win deals. The owner stops her negative cash flow, the buyer gets out of the basement, and I get a small fee for my effort.

I do want to publicly thank Doug for all the personal help he's given me and to Michael as well for hosting a kick ass REI board.

Now I'm off to the next deal!

Steve

I heard a dude from work saying that they only charge him

$50 for a BJ.

I'm nodding my head and saying, "Wow! That's pretty

good!" All the while, I'm wondering what a BJ is.

He doesn't know this though.

Congrats on the deal Steve-O.

This stuff werks in Canada?!

Where's Doug?

Jason, yup believe it or not this stuff does work in Canada too :glare:

I've said so privately, and I'd like to say so publicly as well. Steve has worked unbelievably hard and stayed remarkably positive through all the no's from sellers and the showing after showing where the buyers lost interest. He deserves this and many more successes as much or more than anyone!

Congratulations Steve!

Jason

Bj means blow job. :lol: something that always leaves us guys smiling.

Steve

Congrats :glare: You deserve it!!! Have fun

Gordon Holtner

Thanks again Doug and everyone else for your kind words. I guess persistence really does pay off. My advice for those of you still trying to work your first deal is to keep focused and don't get sidetracked, it's just so easy to get distracted play online poker for hours, but you need to fight through that and keep your eye on the real prize. You need to ask yourself of every action you take if it's going to help you reach your goal. If it won't be helping you, then it's probably something you don't need to be doing.

Now the only decision I still have to make is Candy, Bubbles, or Skyla? :glare:

Steve

Congratulations, Steve, on losing your virginity...in a manner of speaking, of course.

Now the only decision I still have to make is Candy, Bubbles, or Skyla?  :lol:
I prefer Zoryna, myself.