The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
kyoung

Pissed Off

My mom always said it was better to be pissed off than pissed on but that tidbit of wisdom isn't doing much for me right now.

My Rant...

After many years of not posting to a particular internet bulletin board I decided to get back to it as it was practically my home when I first cut my teeth in RE. Now mind you I do not post anywhere just to hear myself talk - I actually take time to think out my replies. Usually when I post - it is because I have a valid point to make.

Anyway, all of my posts over the last day or so were deleted at this other BB and I got an email from the admin of that board telling me to refrain from advertising my site on their board.

WHAT!? Advertising?? The only mention of my site was in my signature which - correct me if I am wrong - is a common place to put stuff like that. The content of my posts in no way, shape or form talked about or recommended that people visit my site.

Why am I pissed off? Having my posts deleted turned all my thoughtful commentary into a complete waste of time. That pisses me off. I wouldn't be upset if they had simply removed my signature - not the whole freakin' post. (All 4-5 of them)

Thanks for "listening". Rant over.

Signed with conviction,

Kay Young, REtips.com

Kay,

I feel ya, but after looking at your site I can understand a little of how they may have felt. However, it is very apparent that the nature of your site is to educate and help people. (I.e. I like it) It's just that if another board is offering the same thing I can see where they would try to cut you out. I would at the very least (If I was the other site), hit you with a warning instead of dumping you completely. This is because I see your posts as informative and useful for the community.

I say this with the utmost encouragement and hope you understand.

Regards,

Adam

PS Sorry for reposting if you read the original. I made the first post and "Then" looked at your site.

That was weird... I went to reply and the quote wasn't what I had just read. Good thing I am sober or that would have really messed me up! :lol:

From your original post...

And if they think for a second you're cutting into their profits, you can sure bet they'll cut you out.

I can be so dense sometimes. I never considered my site "competition" since I don't sell anything there but one look at this other site's product line would have told me why my posts were obliterated. Ooops!

I still think I should have been able to alter my signature... I wrote some damn good advice if I do say so myself. ;)

-Kay

Kay,

LOL Yeah, I completely changed my damn post after I looked at your site. (It ain't you :lol: )

Good thing you took the only part of it that was within the same content of the new post. Sorry about that.Yeah, your eyes open a little wider when you start to sell information in this business. It's hard enough to want to help let alone sometimes not realizing you may be competing with the very person you're making the post for! ;)

You'll have that....

Adam