The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
happyardy

St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Hello Canadians,

There is a good possibility that I might receive an offer for a day job from an employer in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. Does anyone have any idea about the RE market there ? In a week or so, I would know for sure if I would receive the offer. I am going to start doing some research on the market there and hence the question.

Also, any other information(RE related, non-RE related) is most welcomed.

thanks & regards

- Ardy

P.S: Does anyone know if I can get my credit history in US transferred to Canada ?

Hello Canadians,

There is a good possibility that I might receive an offer for a day job from an employer in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. Does anyone have any idea about the RE market there ? In a week or so, I would know for sure if I would receive the offer. I am going to start doing some research on the market there and hence the question.

Also, any other information(RE related, non-RE related) is most welcomed.

thanks & regards

- Ardy

P.S: Does anyone know if I can get my credit history in US transferred to Canada ?

Ardy, I live on the other end of Canada and from what I have seen in the news, the economy has not beengreat over the last few years so it should make for some good deals. i am willing to help any way I can, just let me know if you need anything.

Owen, Ardy

In Newfoundland the economy is not great there. In fact I can honestly say that because there are not alot of jobs there Ft. Mcmurray's population is mostly Newfoundlanders. If you are going to invest there you are going to have to look at the whether your activities in rei fit the economy.

Gord

Owen, Ardy

In Newfoundland the economy is not great there. In fact I can honestly say that because there are not alot of jobs there Ft. Mcmurray's population is mostly Newfoundlanders. If you are going to invest there you are going to have to look at the whether your activities in rei fit the economy.

Gord

Owen, Gordon,

Thanks a lot for your replies. I appreciate it.

Would it then mean that it could be a buyers market there ? I mean if the economy is not great then it could mean more motivated sellers, right ?

Here is my thinking.

I really dont want to take a up a day job offer in a place where my REI activites could be restricted. I really want to start something now. I am OK with any market(buyers, sellers) as long as there is some RE activity going on. I dont want to get caught up in a dead market with nothing happening.

As of now, I dont have anything else in the pipeline. My contract at my current work place in Lake Charles is till Oct. 2006. I dont have to stay here till Oct; it only means that I cannot work beyond Oct.

If I get this St. John's NF offer(the employer seemed interested; I will know in a few days) then I am willing to give it a shot. Unless it is a dead market there in St. John's; then I dont want to go there. I checked the population of city of St. John's and it is around 100,000. Do you think that is enough for a good amount of RE activity ?

Once again, thanks for your replies. If you have any more inputs for me, I would be eager to hear those.

thanks

- Ardy

Ardy

I am not trying to say don't try Rei there. I just don't know exactly what you are going to be doing as far as activites, are you a buy and hold type of guy or a L/o investor? At one time the whole economy there was based on cod fishing. However the stocks fell drastically putting alot of people out of work. That was at least what 10years ago and I haven't heard much about the economy since. The only thing I know for sure is that there are a whole bunch of Newfoundlanders living in Alberta. I personallly would not buy and hold property there unless I could get enough information that I could see that the economy there is not the pits and has some kind of stable growth.

Gord

Ardy

.. are you a buy and hold type of guy or a L/o investor?

. The only thing I know for sure is that there are a whole bunch of Newfoundlanders living in Alberta.

Gord

Gord,

Thanks for your inputs.

I could do creative RE like SLOs, Assignments, CAs, Pure Options etc; basically adapt to the market. I am open to any techniques that the market demands. I am just hoping that there is enough activity there with a population of 100,000.

- Ardy

P.S : Hey Gord, if at all I end up there in St. John's, NF, I could use your help. You could pass on to me leads of Newfoundlanders living in and around Ft. McMurray and I could sell their homes for them on creative terms. For each of your lead that materializes.......... oh well, you know the routine ..:o:)

Sign in to follow this