The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Golflover

CA or Pure Option?

Im really leaning more towards doing the auction with homes. Ive read the 5 day home sale and its interesting and i know that Jonathon does this and its a great dealing power to sellers that want to cash out.

I have a seller thats willing to do a CA, but from what the comps say, if i could sell it at an auction for the comp price, i could net $9k. If i went CA route, i may only get $3 to $5k

Which would be better to have signed, a CA agreement or a Pure option agreement?

But thats the problem. What if i sign it as a CA and realize i should have signed a pure option or vise versa? I realize you learn from making mistakes, but im ready to make money and minimize my mistakes.

Golfover

Personally I would go with the CA and do the auction a downpayment auction to max your profit. It would give you the experience of doing both.

Gord

Thank Gordo,

But what exactly is a downpayment auction? I know i will learn more with experience, but this guy is a builder and i think we can partner many more deals together, especially if i can get him his asking price.

Golflover,

Keep things simple. I use my straight option with a clause that gives me the ability to turn it into a lease with option. Simple and straight forward.

1. Cash clause

2. LO term clause

3. Fully assignable

Done. The world is your oyster.

Golflover, keep the big picture in view, also. This is a builder, you mentioned. Doing what's right by him, too, will go a long way towards getting additional deals from him. Find out what he wants to do, and his time frame for getting it done.

Golfover

A downpayment auction is basically an assignment fee auction. You do everything the same as a regular auction you just show it to potential tenant/buyers and assign the contract to the person with the highest assignment money.

Gord

Golflover, keep the big picture in view, also. This is a builder, you mentioned. Doing what's right by him, too, will go a long way towards getting additional deals from him. Find out what he wants to do, and his time frame for getting it done.

This is the most sense out of the entire thread. What we don't understand is what the seller has in mind. This is information that we rarely try to get. Think about this? I negotiate almost all of my deals before sale price is even mentioned. Really roll that one over...

I have four properties under contract right now with builders. There is over $400K in equity if I exercise my option. When you can listen to a seller the solution will follow. If you don't have the solution you can get it from the board. But at least you'll have a reason to start looking.

Very powerful stuff!

Kudos MC,

Adam