The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Selling a house in the middle of nowhere

I've got one I'd like some ideas on. It's a good sized home in good condition, the problem is it is smack dab in the middle of no-man's-land. It's located in a village in northern Manitoba. It's so remote you can't even get there by car.

I thought about contacting a local agent to see if they have any buyers who can't qualify. But I couldn't even find an agent serving the area. If there are any, their day job is probably trading pelts or training dog sled teams :P

It sounds like the kind of place where folks come for miles for polar bear mating season :o

So, do you guys have any ideas on how to get this thing filled? Oh... BTW it will definitely be a CA.

Don't laugh! At the rate global warming is changing the climate, they'll be snorkeling with alligators in December before the decade is out :o

Don't laugh! At the rate global warming is changing the climate, they'll be snorkeling with alligators in December before the decade is out :o
Hehe. Thank you, Al Gore. :P

So, do you guys have any ideas on how to get this thing filled? Oh... BTW it will definitely be a CA.

Doug,

Why not market it as a romantic cottage hideaway or a nature lovers retreat in the nearest big city. <_<

Doug,

Boy that liberalism up north is really affecting you. You have bought into that left wing wacko global warming stuff. We would love to ship you our left wing wack liberal folks up north to you so you can all be nuts together!

Pete

I've got one I'd like some ideas on. It's a good sized home in good condition, the problem is it is smack dab in the middle of no-man's-land. It's located in a village in northern Manitoba. It's so remote you can't even get there by car.

I thought about contacting a local agent to see if they have any buyers who can't qualify. But I couldn't even find an agent serving the area. If there are any, their day job is probably trading pelts or training dog sled teams B)

It sounds like the kind of place where folks come for miles for polar bear mating season <_<

Since when are doing business in northern Manitoba? I thought you were doing local business only. :D

If you are short on time, you should advertise in the local community, ads, fliers… the regular things.

Also, you may be surprised how many people in a big city would respond to an ad for a rural property.

If you have the time, you can create a highly optimized web page with keywords related to the area and local interests. When people search for local info, your link will come up. If your info is interesting, many people will look at it. The cost is minimal and results can be very interesting.

Also, you can contact the closest chamber of commerce to see if they would have any contacts for you. If you have a good deal, there will always be people interested in it.

Since when are doing business in northern Manitoba? I thought you were doing local business only.
Curse of the web. I'm not trying to do busiiness in northern Manitoba <_<

Anyway, I decided to pass on this one. Thanks for all your suggestions.