The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
EQUITY NOTES

CURRENT T/B

Hi All

I was hoping to run a credit report on a new t/b right away and tried mr landlord.com

They now run an inspection on a person where they are working from etc

Its like going to the federal goverment to get a membership

does anyone have a quick easy affordable service they use,could sure use it now

I also would be willing to pay any member for there charge to get me a report

I have the signed authorization and would fax to you for your records

would appreciate any help to pull this credit now as i think this one would buy the home

Thanks

Tom

Tom, if you do a Google search for tenant background check or something similar, you'll find thousands of choices. And, yes, many require all sorts of documentation from you before they will release that info.

One company I have used and can recommend is AAA Credit Screening Services, located in Houston, TX. Give 'em a look. They may work just fine for you.

About credit reports, I was just thinking that I might do the following:

Instead of the hassle of me going thru the hassle of collecting an application fee from the T/B, couldn't I tell them to get there own credit check printout as long as they are free now. Its just a thought, what do you all think?

Bill, I have never had a problem getting a check. I wouldn't necessary suggest doing it your way though. TB's a) already need help getting a house and :lol: probably need help getting financing. I like them to look at me as an "all in one" solution to their RE problems. I am going to find them a house, and help them with financing (well not me, one of my contacts!). This is the angle I take with the check. "I always encourage my clients to start a financing plan right away so that everything goes smoothly come time for you to buy." So the credit check is not a bad thing, it is the first step to implementing a financing plan for them. You tell them that you have a broker that will run the check (for free) and then create a step by step program to help them repair their credit and ensure that they will be able to get financing down the road. This way, you look like you have lots of contacts which legitimizes your business that much more, and you are consistently sending business to one or two brokers or lenders, so you build a relationship with them too. So if you ever need a favour from these guys, they are more willing to help you since you have been sending them business. The only catch here is, you don't want to be sending every tom, dick and harry for checks. So you wait until either the deal is done, or the only thing holding the deal back is the check. This is what has worked for me. Rob

Hi RobP,

You are totally right. Its the way I've been doing it since day one. When the buyer sees you doing it all for him it makes it a hell of a lot easier to work with him. I guess at my age I'm looking for a lot of shortcuts.

Bill