The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Heavy-duty H-wire stakes

I was just wondering if anyone could share their experiences with "heavy-duty" H-wire sign stakes, like the ones supercheapsigns.com is selling. How do they stand up to the wind? Are they A LOT better than the regular flimsy H-wire's or are they still kind of crappy?

I was just wondering if anyone could share their experiences with "heavy-duty" H-wire sign stakes, like the ones supercheapsigns.com is selling. How do they stand up to the wind? Are they A LOT better than the regular flimsy H-wire's or are they still kind of crappy?

I just steal the politicians' signs (in the middle of the night at about 2:00 am) just hours after the election! :D

Hey, they have to be taken down anyway. I'm just giving them a little helping hand! :P

Hey, them stands hold up to wind, snow & heavy rain, don't they? We don't got those severe conditions on the West Coast, so I can't attest to that. B)

Anyhow, that's how I get my nice and sturdy wire stakes FOR FREE! :P

Good luck Dougie!

By the way, when is Ontario's next election? Just don't forget to set a reminder for you to get up at 2 in the morning to collect those stakes. It also really helps if you take someone along with you. One of ya drive's and the other one plucks them out of the ground and into the trunk of the car! You might want to wear black clothing and dark sunglasses so that no one recognizes you in the morning! ;)

Why wait for the next election when you can simply pull up all the realtor signs? B)

You crack me up Doug!

You go boy! Don't forget your disguise though! ;)

What's a good source for quality RTO yard signs that won't blow away in the wind? Are the ones available at the aforementioned website any good? Any other recommendations? I thought I read a post by Pete that mentioned Home Depot.

MC, I think you mentioned that you use metal signs. Is this something I could get at local sign store?

Thanks in advance for your welcomed advice.

Phil

Now I am not admiting that I am using signs again so no one call the sign police again. I have used the heavy stakes in the past. Personally if the sign is at the house I am using a professional stand. You can get the stands from deesigns.com Now if you want the bandit type. Go to Home depot and use the 1"x2" x 24" lath. Please don't ask me to turn that to metric's.

DISCLOSURE: The signs up in my area are not mine :) Go ahead and dust with your professional finger print machine.

Now I am not admiting that I am using signs again so no one call the sign police again. I have used the heavy stakes in the past. Personally if the sign is at the house I am using a professional stand. You can get the stands from deesigns.com Now if you want the bandit type. Go to Home depot and use the 1"x2" x 24" lath. Please don't ask me to turn that to metric's.

DISCLOSURE: The signs up in my area are not mine :blush: Go ahead and dust with your professional finger print machine.

Thanks for the input, Jonathan. I'm just interested in RENT TO OWN yard signs. Using bandit signs in my area is a big no-no. Probably get you a pair of cement shoes in my parts.

P.S I'll leave the finger printing to the CSI folks :)

For a sign on the property itself, I use a heavy duty steel, H frame style sign. 18" X 24". White sheet metal, red lettering, two sided, simply says

Rent To Own

123-456-7890

They'll last forever, are sturdy, and will run you around $100 or so at a local sign shop.

For a sign on the property itself, I use a heavy duty steel, H frame style sign. 18" X 24". White sheet metal, red lettering, two sided, simply says

Rent To Own

123-456-7890

They'll last forever, are sturdy, and will run you around $100 or so at a local sign shop.

Thanks, MC. That's exactly what I had in mind, double-sided sign with white background and red lettering :)

Phil

DISCLOSURE: The signs up in my area are not mine :blush: Go ahead and dust with your professional finger print machine.

Thanks for the input, Jonathan. I'm just interested in RENT TO OWN yard signs. Using bandit signs in my area is a big no-no. Probably get you a pair of cement shoes in my parts.

P.S I'll leave the finger printing to the CSI folks :)

Prosper,

My intention for you to use a Professional sign was to use Dee Signs. They are great.

Rent To Own

123-456-7890

Wholly Crap!!! $100.00 per 'sturdy' sign? That's A LOT OF MOOLA (even for us Canucks who's almost on par with you Yankees)! :P

Listen to a very thrifty, resourceful and ingenious Canuck Chick and go with my no-frills, no-cost plan and take those politicians signs (after the election, bi-election of course). They are sturdy and and best of all FREE! :D

Rent To Own

123-456-7890

Wholly Crap!!! $100.00 per 'sturdy' sign? That's A LOT OF MOOLA (even for us Canucks who's almost on par with you Yankees)! :P

Listen to a very thrifty, resourceful and ingenious Canuck Chick and go with my no-frills, no-cost plan and take those politicians signs (after the election, bi-election of course). They are sturdy and and best of all FREE! :P

That's some good advice, West Coast Girl :D,however we don't have any elections in the near future in my parts, so I'll need to bite it for the sake of expediency.

Phil

I tried that, WCG. But all the politician signs in my area are covered with grease. I guess that's for givin' us citizens the shaft. :D