The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
randian

DougON, A Marketing Question

In a post on some forum somewhere (not sure if it was this one), you said you got one signed deal (mostly CAs, IIRC) from every 25-30 "completed calls". What exactly are those? Only live calls with the homeowner on the first ring, or does that include callbacks from messages left on machines? How many additional messages do you leave after the first when you don't get a live call with the owner first time up? Out of every 100 calls, how many will end up in live conversation with the seller? Of those, how many result in face to face meetings? Of those, how many become signed deals?

You were also saying that you could do 20-25 calls an hour, which implies a signed deal every couple of hours of calling, assuming you have enough numbers to call (once you get good at selling lease purchase). If one can drop their fear of cold calling, surely it isn't that easy?

I'm not sure what I meant by "completed calls" probably live calls with the owner. And yes there was a time when I was signing up a deal for every 30 calls or so. Unfortunately that's not the case anymore. More like 1 in 100.

I'm not sure what I meant by "completed calls" probably live calls with the owner. And yes there was a time when I was signing up a deal for every 30 calls or so. Unfortunately that's not the case anymore. More like 1 in 100.

Doug doesn't work with sellers... only buyers - I'm still confused to this day how he's ever closed a day w/o working with the former <_<

Do you have any idea why your deal signup rate dropped so much? That's a terrible change!

About how many numbers do you have to call in order to get 100 live sellers?

Buyers are sellers, baby! That's the first rule your learn as an agent (which I'm not, so I don't really know).

Yeah I know why my numbers dropped. The market has remained strong so sellers are less and less motivated as they become accustomed to the idea that it's easy to sell whenever and for however much they want.

I also hate making calls so I don't improve with practice.

Buyers are sellers, baby! That's the first rule your learn as an agent (which I'm not, so I don't really know).

Are you saying I should be asking my T/B prospects whether or not they have a house to sell? Or is there some other buyer pool you're referring to?